FL 2020 Bar Study Buddy?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NyLawyer

New

FL 2020 Bar Study Buddy?

Postby NyLawyer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:48 pm

If someone in South FL is interesting in having a study buddy to help each other pass the FL 2020 Bar, let me know. Thanks.

NY-Lawyer

New

Re: FL 2020 Bar Study Buddy?

Postby NY-Lawyer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello, I am also a NY attorney who now lives in Florida and is taking the Florida bar exam in February 2020. Let me know what study materials you are using and we can try and figure this out together!

NyLawyer

New

Postby NyLawyer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:39 pm

NY-Lawyer wrote:Hello, I am also a NY attorney who now lives in Florida and is taking the Florida bar exam in February 2020. Let me know what study materials you are using and we can try and figure this out together!

Hi. Can't seem to send a private message. I use Bar Bri and Adapti Bar. What's your email? Thanks

NY-Lawyer

New

Postby NY-Lawyer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 am

NyLawyer wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:Hello, I am also a NY attorney who now lives in Florida and is taking the Florida bar exam in February 2020. Let me know what study materials you are using and we can try and figure this out together!

Hi. Can't seem to send a private message. I use Bar Bri and Adapti Bar. What's your email? Thanks

smith19910@gmail.com

Deezired6

New

Postby Deezired6 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 am

NY-Lawyer wrote:
NyLawyer wrote:

smith19910@gmail.com

Hi Guys, I'm also a New Yorker and I'm prepping for the FL Bar Exam for Feb 2020, but I'll only be doing Day 1 of the exam (which is the FL Essays in the morning & then FL Multiple Choice Q's in the afternoon), b/c I was able to transfer my MBE score down to FL & they accepted it.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any helpful PDF/Word Outlines or PDF/Word Multiple Choice Questions - Better yet, honestly, if you have ANYTHING that is Digital, that can help me pass the Florida - Day 1 part, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I absolutely HATE lugging around all these dam Barbri books. I work full-time so I always lug em to work in hopes that I can squeeze in some Study Time during work hours, BUT it is soooooooo obvious with these massive textbooks; it's ridiculous! Unfortunately, I bought my FL Barbri Books as used copies from Ebay, so I don't have any access to Barbri's online portal, so I can't use that. :cry:

If you guys have anything that you're willing to share that can help me on DAY 1, I would be so appreciative!
I also got some very helpful stuff from a Friend who does Bar Tutoring down @ one of the top law schools down in FL, so I can send you some of his stuff too.

Please email me at: DeeZired6@gmail.com

Oh, and has anyone heard anything re: possible Day 1 - Essay Predictions?

Thank you and good luck to all of us!!! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Just wanted to chime in since some years ago I moved from New York and took Florida. The Barbri Conviser Mini Review for Florida is an excellent book. It has all the Florida law, all the MBE law, and all the distinctions (which they for sure test on the essays!) In addition to that, the best prep for the essays are the official essays which are free on Florida's website. Nothing better, although the answers can be a little tough to understand since they are written by candidates rather than a bar prep company. That does make them far more realistic, though.

And then for the MBE, Adaptibar and Strategies and Tactics for the MBE (7th edition just released but currently unavailable so may need to get the 6th) will cover all the questions you'll likely have time to answer.

Be strategic. Understand that some subjects are only tested on multiple choice (Florida Civ Pro, Florida Crim Pro, Florida Evidence, Business Associations, Wills) and study those differently since you need to know the fine details in those subjects.

It's a grind, but it's doable if you're systematic about it!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:08 am

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:Just wanted to chime in since some years ago I moved from New York and took Florida. The Barbri Conviser Mini Review for Florida is an excellent book. It has all the Florida law, all the MBE law, and all the distinctions (which they for sure test on the essays!) In addition to that, the best prep for the essays are the official essays which are free on Florida's website. Nothing better, although the answers can be a little tough to understand since they are written by candidates rather than a bar prep company. That does make them far more realistic, though.

And then for the MBE, Adaptibar and Strategies and Tactics for the MBE (7th edition just released but currently unavailable so may need to get the 6th) will cover all the questions you'll likely have time to answer.

Be strategic. Understand that some subjects are only tested on multiple choice (Florida Civ Pro, Florida Crim Pro, Florida Evidence, Business Associations, Wills) and study those differently since you need to know the fine details in those subjects.

It's a grind, but it's doable if you're systematic about it!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Is it an official position that those subjects are only on multiple choice or just a "they dont typically appear on the essays" type of thing? I've searched for that type of information and have come up empty so I'd be grateful if you can provide any insight as to where to look for more information related to how Part A is tested (i.e. analytics, what percentage of what subjects are on the MC, etc.)

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:42 pm

I can't really say it's official since that would have to come from the board of bar examiners. But they might even say that (I just don't know that they have!).

These subjects only appear on multiple choice, though. It has been that way for many decades.

--Sean

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�