Adaptibar - Difference in Result with Test Mode?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum

Bronze

Adaptibar - Difference in Result with Test Mode?

Postby 265489164158 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 am

I am sorry if I am asking an obvious question that is addressed elsewhere. I have been doing Adaptibar in question mode and averaging 70%. I just did my first Adaptibar "test" of 30 questions, all subjects, and only got 50% correct. This is a huge blow to my confidence with less than 3 weeks to go. It lso is surprising because I have scored 75% on Barbri's full day MBE. Does anyone know what might be happening? Is it because Adaptibar's algorithm is giving me questions in areas I don't know well, or, something else?

Archangel

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar - Difference in Result with Test Mode?

Postby Archangel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

4. Practice Questions vs. Practice Exams & Avoiding Repeat Questions

When practicing in Practice Questions mode, it is guaranteed that you won’t see any repeat questions until you have exhausted every question available for a subject! In this mode, our adaptive algorithm actively tracks your question progress, chooses questions to address your area of weakness, and ensures you don’t see repeat questions. This is the mode in which we recommend users spend the bulk of their time.

Exams mode, however, is designed to give you more control in generating customized exams for yourself. The program will randomly select questions to include in your exam, based on the subjects/subtopics you wish to add. In this mode, you may see repeat questions. We typically recommend only implementing this mode a few weeks out from the bar exam.

https://blog.adaptibar.com/10-things-yo ... adaptibar/

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?