I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
streetlawyer

New

I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Postby streetlawyer » Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 am

:D I passed with MBE scaled score of 146.0 and UBE total of 273. I failed two exams before with under 10 points each time. I used BarBri for second exam and I feel that the lectures were a wast of time. BarBri's Convisor book was good but there is a lot of stuff that isn't covered. I used Seperac's outline for this exam and it was excellent, it covers everything. I also relied on Adaptibar which was wonderful.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE

jrstephens1991

Bronze

Re: I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 am

Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score for the Simulated midterm exam and the refresher?

pech71

New

Postby pech71 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Congrats! There was like a 33% pass rate overall so it's very impressive to beat the statistics and pass on a re-take.

streetlawyer

New

Postby streetlawyer » Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am

jrstephens1991 wrote:Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score for the Simulated midterm exam and the refresher?

I didn't take those simulated tests. I really lost faith in Bar Bri. As I went through Bar Bri's MBE questions I usually scored around a 58%. Lots of times I would get an 11 or 12 out of 18. I used Adaptibar and before test time I had done around 800 questions, maybe more and was getting 74% right. BarBri simply doesn't cover everything, they are assuming that you just graduated from (a good) law school and that you are going to remember a lot of things anyway so all they have to do is simply give you a refresher. I graduated over 28 years ago and the exam has changed so much, added new things and new laws have been promulgated. That is why I like Joe Seperac's outline so much, it covers everything and in relationship to their importance on the test.

Also if you look at BarBri's MEE book they mention a lot of rules from the Uniform Law Commission (Second restatement of torts, Uniform Partnership Act et al.) that are either never mentioned or discussed briefly in the Bar Bri lectures. I wrote down ever one I could find, tried to remember everyone I could and threw them back up on the essay portions when I could. I think that that may have helped me get over the essays because that was where I was having the most problems.

Good luck

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�