I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
streetlawyer

New

I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Postby streetlawyer » Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 am

:D I passed with MBE scaled score of 146.0 and UBE total of 273. I failed two exams before with under 10 points each time. I used BarBri for second exam and I feel that the lectures were a wast of time. BarBri's Convisor book was good but there is a lot of stuff that isn't covered. I used Seperac's outline for this exam and it was excellent, it covers everything. I also relied on Adaptibar which was wonderful.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE

jrstephens1991

Bronze

Re: I passed Connecticut bar exam with 273

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 am

Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score for the Simulated midterm exam and the refresher?

pech71

New

Postby pech71 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Congrats! There was like a 33% pass rate overall so it's very impressive to beat the statistics and pass on a re-take.

streetlawyer

New

Postby streetlawyer » Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am

jrstephens1991 wrote:Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score for the Simulated midterm exam and the refresher?

I didn't take those simulated tests. I really lost faith in Bar Bri. As I went through Bar Bri's MBE questions I usually scored around a 58%. Lots of times I would get an 11 or 12 out of 18. I used Adaptibar and before test time I had done around 800 questions, maybe more and was getting 74% right. BarBri simply doesn't cover everything, they are assuming that you just graduated from (a good) law school and that you are going to remember a lot of things anyway so all they have to do is simply give you a refresher. I graduated over 28 years ago and the exam has changed so much, added new things and new laws have been promulgated. That is why I like Joe Seperac's outline so much, it covers everything and in relationship to their importance on the test.

Also if you look at BarBri's MEE book they mention a lot of rules from the Uniform Law Commission (Second restatement of torts, Uniform Partnership Act et al.) that are either never mentioned or discussed briefly in the Bar Bri lectures. I wrote down ever one I could find, tried to remember everyone I could and threw them back up on the essay portions when I could. I think that that may have helped me get over the essays because that was where I was having the most problems.

Good luck

Pmason#1

New

Postby Pmason#1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:11 am

Congrats! I have failed the mbe section 3 times now. I have heard great things about Joe Seperac outline. Which one did you get and do you recommend it? I saw he has one for the 643 OPE and study aids. Another one for mbe rules. Then and actual MBE outlines which is the one I’m thinking about purchasing. Which one would recommend or should I stick with the barbri convisor?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?