How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ORHopeful

New

How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Postby ORHopeful » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 am

I took the Oregon UBE in February. Failed, and when my score came back it was pretty much just what I imagined.

I had a 138 for the MBE and a 133 for the written.

My main ambition for the exam was having a high enough score to waive into SOMEWHERE, which I can waive my score into Washington State which I'm definitely considering, and Washington has reciprocity with Oregon after 3 years anyways. I do not need to be licensed in Oregon for my job but it would definitely help. Being licensed in D.C. would also be helpful.

Is it worth retaking in July over 3 points? How much more do I really need to make up for another 3 points?

For what it is worth, I was heavily underprepared for the February exam. I did minimal minimal studying for the written portion which is what my score reflected. There were 2 essays I wrote maybe 2 paragraphs on, so I'm sure those were scored horrendously. The rest of the essays I kind of half assed. I did maybe 7-10 hours of MBE studying a week. If I want to pass in July, how do I really tackle these essays?

Or do I waive into Washington and then D.C. and call it a day?

holaconquistadora

New

Re: How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Postby holaconquistadora » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm interested to know, too. Same boat, missed by 3 points. Already decided to retake in July. Barely got through a third of bar prep last time, so I'm hoping that with a bit of a push, I'll get there. Maybe even get enough for Alaska!

JoeSeperac

Bronze

Re: How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Postby JoeSeperac » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm

If you answered 4 more MBE questions correctly, you would have passed.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�