2018 February DC Bar

law9871

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Postby law9871 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Save $10 off Critical Pass Flashcards http://criticalpass.refr.cc/2017JULYBAR

I used critical pass when studying for the UBE and they saved my life and I passed on my first try. I definitely would recommend these flashcards, they help you hammer down the black letter law which is exactly what the bar tests on.

JDtoEsq

Postby JDtoEsq » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am

Anyone know what time MPRE scores post? -- Posted Yesterday, I passed.
Last edited by JDtoEsq on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogzncatz

Postby dogzncatz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:45 pm

1st time taker here. Using Adaptibar and BarMax as of now and will update on how they're working out.

shaq23

Postby shaq23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 pm

hanner22 wrote:Hi--I failed the Virginia bar exam and need some advice!!

I needed a 140 to pass and I scored 133.8. I received my score report and did ok on MBE [148/200] but horrendous on VA essay portion [124.3/200].

I am now thinking about taking the DC bar instead of retaking the Virginia bar. I was told that I can transfer my MBE score to DC despite failing the actual exam. Is this true? I just tried to access the DC bar exam website but it's down so I figured I should throw out the question in this forum.

Sooo basically:
1. Can I transfer my MBE score to DC even though I failed the exam in Virginia?
2. Anyone have any experience taking the DC bar after failing VA? Or have any opinions on which one would be best to take?

Thanks!

hey there. I know of someone that was in your shoes.

1. yes you can transfer your MBE score, so long as you meet DC MBE score requirement, which i believe is 140 (just double check that).
2. You can take the DC bar under the DC Rules. I'm not sure however how waiving in works, if you were to then attempt to waive into Virginia or any other state (including UBE states) - since you didn't take the full exam administration. I think I had looked into this once before and waiving into other jurisdictions was prohibited.

On a side note -- take a look at this site -- has some great resources to help for taking the Virginia bar exam:

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/#latest-news

If you need help with essays, there is LexBar -- i found them very helpful. See the link below:

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/virgini ... resources/

R_G

Postby R_G » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 am

Hi all,

Has anyone taken the DC UBE before? If so can anyone share their experiences of the testing environment? Re-taker here, but I previously took it in NYC, so going to a new environment is making me nervous, plus I've hearing about horror stories about inept administration....

jjjddd

Postby jjjddd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 am

Hi first time taking the bar. I have a question about the Extegrity Exam4 software that you have to download. I type really slow. so, I tend to use copy paste specially to lay out facts in analysis. Does any one that has previously taken this exam or has utilized this software know if it will allow you to copy paste facts into the answer?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”