Those who have taken out the Sallie Mae Bar Study loan

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Those who have taken out the Sallie Mae Bar Study loan

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:30 pm

It's the first private loan I took out and I know hey offer up to $15,000 max but I miscalculated my figure by an additiona $1,000 or 2k. They're telling me they can't extend to the additional $2500.00 anymore because the first check was disbursed and I'd have to re-apply as if it were a new loan, but I'm hesitant due to higher interest rate or getting declined because I only had about a 650 or little higher.

How would I know ahead of time if I'll be granted the extra grand or two grand that I will need into February? I had to stop full time work to take prep course and pass this third time. I do have long-term employment lined up in midlaw, so I'm not worried about paying it back and I'm also selling my car that has a KBB worth of $20,000. This is more of a question about how to tell ahead of time that I'll be approved or not? If they give the additional $2500.00 to those who got approved but not yet disbursed I'm assuming I can stay within that range and be okay? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to credit rating and such and this is the first time I've touched a private loan. Any advice is appreciated, Happy Holidays!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�