MD Bar Exam- July 2015- Thoughts Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
peachielovesyou

New

Re: MD Bar Exam- July 2015- Thoughts

Post by peachielovesyou » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 am

capricious wrote:
peachielovesyou wrote:I have all green checks, but after pressing submit, it still has a yellow exclamation mark (I've been trying the submit thing for a couple weeks, so the yellow exclamation mark has. When I try to submit it says "For the completion of your application, you should provide the following details.
Petition has already been submitted."

It also will not let me save a new application (although I can choose Feb 2016 or July 2016 from the drop down menu).

I also still have my seat number, and under my status, it says "petition accepted."

I'm really nervous that this seems to be a different thing than others are showing (but am hoping the absence of red x's is a good thing)...
Are you filling out the whole page, including the selections at the bottom, before you try to save the petition?
The only places I can enter anything is picking the date; a drop-down menu for my school; whether I'm taking the bar in another jurisdiction; and whether I'm taking the MBE in MD or another jurisdiction. I entered something in all of those (although the final 3 already had answers selected).There is no button to save my application.

EDIT: I can also pick the date I graduated.

buttes

Bronze

Post by buttes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:45 am

The change from "no valid" back to accepted and the removal of the save button makes me think that someone in the office reverted the system back to what it was before midnight. This probably means the glitch won't work any more. As for those of us who already were able to check when the save button was available, the fact that the office is doing something in the system may mean our previous green or red means nothing. Or it could mean that was correct, but someone decided to reset the system so people don't see ahead of 4:30.

Tl;dr: glitch may or may not be fixed and "results" from when glitch worked (midnight to 8 or 9ish when the "save petition" button was removed) may or may not mean anything.

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:48 am

daveaa wrote:
secondtimer87 wrote:Second year around in this guys,

The ones of you who were lucky enough to be awake early and click submit -- if it turned red = you failed, if it stayed green and told you application can't be submitted contact blah blah -= you passed. They "fixed" the glitch an hour later last year as well after people started calling and asking if it means anything. They tell you it means nothing, but I know of myself and 3 others with red marks who failed and 2 others without who passed in July 2014.
Good God I hope you're right. This yellow exclamation mark is freaking me out.
Don't freak out. Anyone who will click the submit button now will get it turned into a yellow exclamation mark. IF you had all green and couldn't save earlier this morning you 100% passed.

NYKfanAIesq

New

Post by NYKfanAIesq » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:50 am

secondtimer87 wrote:
daveaa wrote:

The ones of you who were lucky enough to be awake early and click submit -- if it turned red = you failed, if it stayed green and told you application can't be submitted contact blah blah -= you passed. They "fixed" the glitch an hour later last year as well after people started calling and asking if it means anything. They tell you it means nothing, but I know of myself and 3 others with red marks who failed and 2 others without who passed in July 2014.
Don't freak out. Anyone who will click the submit button now will get it turned into a yellow exclamation mark. IF you had all green and couldn't save earlier this morning you 100% passed.
Yeah Ive been trying to submit a petition and it wont let me. Plus, I have green checks..

daveaa

New

Post by daveaa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 am

secondtimer87 wrote:
daveaa wrote:

Okay. Thanks. Closing the application now and I'm just going to gut it out. If you're right, you're telling me I passed. So I really want you to be right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kateebee

New

Post by kateebee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:04 am

gr8scOtt! wrote:My account is now showing "You do not have a valid petition to show" but my seat number is still there, and my application still shows all green checks. If I click on Petition in my application, it will allow me to select Feb 2016 or July 2016. :|
I still see Petition Accepted. If I go to My Application, under Petition, the first line says Petition to Sit for the Maryland Bar Exam (ORIGINAL) and if I click that link it goes to a page where there's a drop down for Feb 2016 or July 2016. Still all green checks everywhere. I don't know what any of this means, and I actually have work to do today (unplanned, I had structured my work week to be nothing but BS work today but I got an emergency assignment at 4pm yesterday, UGHHHHHH) so I'm going to try to relax about it. Just a few more hours, crew! Breathe! Good luck all!!!!

NYKfanAIesq

New

Post by NYKfanAIesq » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:23 am

kateebee wrote:
gr8scOtt! wrote:My account is now showing "You do not have a valid petition to show" but my seat number is still there, and my application still shows all green checks. If I click on Petition in my application, it will allow me to select Feb 2016 or July 2016. :|
I still see Petition Accepted. If I go to My Application, under Petition, the first line says Petition to Sit for the Maryland Bar Exam (ORIGINAL) and if I click that link it goes to a page where there's a drop down for Feb 2016 or July 2016. Still all green checks everywhere. I don't know what any of this means, and I actually have work to do today (unplanned, I had structured my work week to be nothing but BS work today but I got an emergency assignment at 4pm yesterday, UGHHHHHH) so I'm going to try to relax about it. Just a few more hours, crew! Breathe! Good luck all!!!!
I have the same situation, when i try to submit the petition there is a yellow yield sign

scareddawg

New

Post by scareddawg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 am

Poe kitty wrote:Also, I don't see the save button, still have my seat number, and my status still says petition accepted. It seems like I have a mix of what other people are saying.

I also have the petition accepted but the petition is the original petition if you click on the printer icon and on the my application page still all green checks and original petition. The save button has disappeared for me now.

crimedogmcgriff

New

Post by crimedogmcgriff » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 am

scareddawg wrote:
Poe kitty wrote:Also, I don't see the save button, still have my seat number, and my status still says petition accepted. It seems like I have a mix of what other people are saying.

I also have the petition accepted but the petition is the original petition if you click on the printer icon and on the my application page still all green checks and original petition. The save button has disappeared for me now.

same here. this morning my page said no petition to show, and I had a save button when I tried to submit after selecting feb 2016. I didn't click it because I figured best case scenario is I get my hopes up for no reason. now, no save button and my page says petition accepted. waiting it out and not even logging on to my app any more because this is a total mindf*ck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sammis89

New

Post by sammis89 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am

daveaa wrote:[
I have the yellow check too - any idea what this means? I'm 100% freaking out at this point.

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:14 pm

sammis89 wrote:
I have the yellow check too - any idea what this means? I'm 100% freaking out at this point.
Were you able to submit the application earlier at 8am? if you were able to and then got red x's you failed, if you were not able to and check marks stayed green regardless of the yellow check mark now, you passed. If you did not try to submit before 9am, you will have to wait to 4:30 to know.

sammis89

New

Post by sammis89 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:17 pm

secondtimer87 wrote:
sammis89 wrote:
Were you able to submit the application earlier at 8am? if you were able to and then got red x's you failed, if you were not able to and check marks stayed green regardless of the yellow check mark now, you passed. If you did not try to submit before 9am, you will have to wait to 4:30 to know.
Did not try to submit before 9 am.

In that case, is it normal to have the yellow? That is, is the yellow indicative of anything by itself?

scareddawg

New

Post by scareddawg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:19 pm

secondtimer87 wrote:
daveaa wrote:

^^^ that's a bold statement. We don't know if the glitch exists still, I checked before 8am when the save button was up but I got the error call sble message and all green checks. I am still unsure what that means no one has reported on here that they had red Xs or a retake petition up (like people did last year). I think I'll hold my breath until 430pm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 pm

scareddawg wrote:
secondtimer87 wrote:
daveaa wrote:

^^^ that's a bold statement. We don't know if the glitch exists still, I checked before 8am when the save button was up but I got the error call sble message and all green checks. I am still unsure what that means no one has reported on here that they had red Xs or a retake petition up (like people did last year). I think I'll hold my breath until 430pm.

Listen, as someone who failed last year and experienced the exact same stuff you guys describe, I can tell you for granted the red x's = fail if you tried it before 9am. It is a bold statement because I am sure of it. Like I said, I know a few people with red x's that failed and few with green that passed the July 2014. I know for sure that if you were able to submit a petition this morning before 9am when they reverted the update you sadly failed. Otherwise, you passed.

MDBar2015

New

Post by MDBar2015 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Does anyone know if MD has released early, on-time or late in years past.

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm

MDBar2015 wrote:Does anyone know if MD has released early, on-time or late in years past.

Last year exactly at 430pm.

1lawyer2

New

Post by 1lawyer2 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Does anyone know if the results for the out-of-state attorney's exam were listed at the same time as the general bar exam results?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ShowMe

New

Post by ShowMe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm realllyyyy hoping Secondtimer is right, lol.

NYKfanAIesq

New

Post by NYKfanAIesq » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 pm

ShowMe wrote:I'm realllyyyy hoping Secondtimer is right, lol.
ME TOO DUDE!!!

1lawyer2

New

Post by 1lawyer2 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey secondtimer, do you recall if the out of state attorney's exam results came out the same time as the general bar results?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

secondtimer87

New

Post by secondtimer87 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:42 pm

1lawyer2 wrote:
Hey secondtimer, do you recall if the out of state attorney's exam results came out the same time as the general bar results?
No idea, sorry!

1lawyer2

New

Post by 1lawyer2 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 pm

secondtimer87 wrote:
1lawyer2 wrote:
No idea, sorry!

schucks! thanks for responding!

capricious

New

Post by capricious » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm

1lawyer2 wrote:Does anyone know if the results for the out-of-state attorney's exam were listed at the same time as the general bar exam results?
Why not give them a call and ask? You should do it soon because they stop answering the phone once results are released. I think because they get so many calls. At least that's what I've read about past years.

1lawyer2

New

Post by 1lawyer2 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

capricious wrote:
1lawyer2 wrote:Does anyone know if the results for the out-of-state attorney's exam were listed at the same time as the general bar exam results?
Why not give them a call and ask? You should do it soon because they stop answering the phone once results are released. I think because they get so many calls. At least that's what I've read about past years.

Oh really? I thought I read somewhere that they do not want you to call BEFORE results are released?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”