July 2015 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
miy

Bronze

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Post by miy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:14 pm

passed, thank god.

Still can't access my MBE and total score via eFast though. All I'm getting is links to complete various applications. What am I doing wrong?

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:18 pm

It's in your unread documents.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Tip: If you passed, you don't need to wait for a formal swearing in to start practicing.

Go pay your dues via the SBoTX website and get sworn in by a notary. Now go make some money so you can pay to frame your license.

miy

Bronze

Post by miy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm not seeing anything about viewing my documents.

I mean- I guess it doesn't matter at this point, which is nice.

ProceedwithFaith

New

Post by ProceedwithFaith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Anyone notice how the Pass list and statistics posts are dated 11/6/15? They want to toy with the next batch of examinees making them think the release date is the date they announce. It never ends.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TxBarTaker09

Bronze

Post by TxBarTaker09 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:38 pm

For those that did not pass:

1. Take the time to be upset, it's ok to be upset.

2. Believe me it's not the end of the world, you can overcome a failed bar exam, I certainly have done it. Anyway questions/advice/concerns I am more than happy to talk with anyone.

Kiwi3891

New

Post by Kiwi3891 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:01 pm

miy wrote:I'm not seeing anything about viewing my documents.

I mean- I guess it doesn't matter at this point, which is nice.
It is a glitch in their system. A lot of ppl including myself don't have the document. I left a message for my analyst but they did say that we will get a packet in the mail shortly with the total score and mbe score.

texasbarexaminee15

New

Post by texasbarexaminee15 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:12 pm

This is my second time failing. The first time, I scored a 644, but left two essay questions completely blank. And, a third question might as well have been blank. I did horrible on the MPT--I only scored higher than 3% of all others (also ran out of time for any meaningful analysis). I scored a 139 on the MBE.

This last exam, I answered everything, and felt confident in my responses. Time wasn't an issue, nor did I feel lost at any point during this exam. I felt good about the MBE.

But, I failed, again. I feel numb and confused. My confidence has taken a tremendous blow. I feel like I'm in a nightmare, and I can't wake up. To make matters worse, my efast account does not contain any"documents" link. So, I have no idea what I scored. This has to be one of the WORST feelings to have to endure. You work SOOOO hard for something, and you fail. The worst part is, I feel like I let down my family and friends.

Congratulations, to all those who passed. I apologize for my ramblings.

JarjarTX

New

Post by JarjarTX » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm

texasbarexaminee15 wrote:This is my second time failing. The first time, I scored a 644, but left two essay questions completely blank. And, a third question might as well have been blank. I did horrible on the MPT--I only scored higher than 3% of all others (also ran out of time for any meaningful analysis). I scored a 139 on the MBE.

This last exam, I answered everything, and felt confident in my responses. Time wasn't an issue, nor did I feel lost at any point during this exam. I felt good about the MBE.

But, I failed, again. I feel numb and confused. My confidence has taken a tremendous blow. I feel like I'm in a nightmare, and I can't wake up. To make matters worse, my efast account does not contain any"documents" link. So, I have no idea what I scored. This has to be one of the WORST feelings to have to endure. You work SOOOO hard for something, and you fail. The worst part is, I feel like I let down my family and friends.

You will get this done. You've obviously made tremendous progress from your first exam (actually finishing the second exam). Once you get your score breakdown, you'll know what the missing pieces were on this exam. Kick some ass in February!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ProceedwithFaith

New

Post by ProceedwithFaith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:38 pm

JarjarTX wrote:
texasbarexaminee15 wrote:This is my second time failing. The first time, I scored a 644, but left two essay questions completely blank. And, a third question might as well have been blank. I did horrible on the MPT--I only scored higher than 3% of all others (also ran out of time for any meaningful analysis). I scored a 139 on the MBE.

You will get this done. You've obviously made tremendous progress from your first exam (actually finishing the second exam). Once you get your score breakdown, you'll know what the missing pieces were on this exam. Kick some ass in February!
You can do this! You WILL do this! Continue to talk it out and work it out until you reach your goal. One step at a time.

googlyeyes1990

New

Post by googlyeyes1990 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:01 am

passed. 153 MBE. Guessed 21 Qs. Dont know how in the hell that happened.

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:38 am

The link in efast is entitled "Read Your Documents" and is the last link in the list. Good luck! You'll get it in February.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:56 am

BVest wrote:
FEE wrote:Anybody want to guess what the overall pass rate will be? I've got my money on 67%.
69.30%
Actual number: 66.45
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 am

I'm at UT and passed. I know of 2 (maybe 3) people in my 1L small section (~25 people) who didn't pass. The 88% pass rate is one of the lowest in a while, but nowhere close to Baylor's historically bad rate of 82% (normally Baylor is in the mid to high 90s).

Mactx

New

Post by Mactx » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:16 am

I passed with a 136.1 MBE. I scored a 98 on the Barbri midterm and a 53 on the refresher. Also I passed with an overall score of 682!! I studied the right amount...

ProceedwithFaith

New

Post by ProceedwithFaith » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:06 am

Sooo...these scores they posted in my eFast? Shocker. :shock:

Overall is 745. I thought I was gonna skate by in the 675/6ish range.

Scaled MBE is 141.4. Not so much of a shocker considering my BARBRI sim was raw 128. But I truly considered it a fluke when I took the sim bc I straight guessed at least 15 questions when I hit the 60s and 70s in both the AM and PM sessions. So I guess come test day, if the curve was at least 10 points, I basically stayed consistent. Consistent in guesswork but nonetheless consistent.

Considering its statistics for underrepresented minorities, I did alright.

S/N for future bar prep lurkers on this thread: Pay the $50 and get TEXAS BAR FLASH. It's life changing.

texasbarexaminee15

New

Post by texasbarexaminee15 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:10 am

ProceedwithFaith wrote:
JarjarTX wrote:

You can do this! You WILL do this! Continue to talk it out and work it out until you reach your goal. One step at a time.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. Over the coming days, I will slowly begin to pick up the pieces, try to understand where I went wrong, and keep fighting. Without a doubt, this experience has humbled me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:55 am

Neff wrote:The 88% pass rate is one of the lowest in a while, but nowhere close to Baylor's historically bad rate of 82% (normally Baylor is in the mid to high 90s).
I thought you were being hyperbolic, but yeah, at least in the last 45 years Baylor had never had a pass rate below 86, and dips below 90 were few and far between, at least for July first time takers. (Now with Baylor perhaps we should include the February exam because they may have a large enough sample size since they do spring starts, but I don't know how long they've done that). All the same, 82% is not a bad result in such a rough year.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigBananaLaw

New

Post by BigBananaLaw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:58 am

Kiwi3891 wrote:
BigBananaLaw wrote:Looks like I'll be putting my Barbri books up on eBay tonight. Anyone else have suggestions for places to sell these things?
Are we allowed to sell them?? I know Kaplan gives a deposit back of $250 I think but I wonder if they can be sold then how much...
Barbri usually makes you pay a deposit which you get back when you return your books, but when I was negotiating a price with them that got waived. So now I have about 30 pounds of books which, presumably, should be of some value to someone.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:55 am

Stopped by the State Bar this morning to drop off my registration fees and since things were slow at the time they went ahead and printed my bar card! (Turns out I was the first since results came out).

Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

americanphaoah

New

Post by americanphaoah » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:57 am

BigBananaLaw wrote:
Kiwi3891 wrote:
BigBananaLaw wrote:Looks like I'll be putting my Barbri books up on eBay tonight. Anyone else have suggestions for places to sell these things?
Are we allowed to sell them?? I know Kaplan gives a deposit back of $250 I think but I wonder if they can be sold then how much...
Barbri usually makes you pay a deposit which you get back when you return your books, but when I was negotiating a price with them that got waived. So now I have about 30 pounds of books which, presumably, should be of some value to someone.
i don't know why more ppl just keep the books to use as reference tools for the first few years (and beyond).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigBananaLaw

New

Post by BigBananaLaw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:03 pm

americanphaoah wrote:
BigBananaLaw wrote:
Kiwi3891 wrote:

i don't know why more ppl just keep the books to use as reference tools for the first few years (and beyond).
Do you mean why they don't? I really doubt there's much in there that would end up being of much practical use.

americanphaoah

New

Post by americanphaoah » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 pm

BigBananaLaw wrote:
americanphaoah wrote:
BigBananaLaw wrote:
Kiwi3891 wrote:

Do you mean why they don't? I really doubt there's much in there that would end up being of much practical use.
yeah, i guess the big texas outlines (complete with case/statutory cites...and even fact-based examples), together with the CMR and lecture handouts, containing all all the black letter law for every major topic...aren't all that helpful.

BigBananaLaw

New

Post by BigBananaLaw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:24 pm

americanphaoah wrote:
yeah, i guess the big texas outlines (complete with case/statutory cites...and even fact-based examples), together with the CMR and lecture handouts, containing all all the black letter law for every major topic...aren't all that helpful.
Well, you're welcome to keep yours. I'm selling them hoes.

Teddy Ruxpin

New

Post by Teddy Ruxpin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:32 pm

My wife is in her 2nd year of practicing at a firm. She says older attorneys come by all the time to use her Barbri books. Sometimes you can't remember every thing or spend the time looking up Louisiana code statutes.

But yes, I imagine 90% of it is useless to any one person most of the time.

Anyone been able to register online yet? I just want to register and get sworn in at a notary already.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”