BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Danger Zone wrote:The guy that teaches all the Crim stuff, Kip Cornwell, is by far the worst lecturer yet. Everyone else for New York has been on point.
I think he's great on Crim Pro
The Crim law material is by far the worst (at least for me) so far bc there are so many NY distinctions and the rules seem pretty arbitrary

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

I haven't gotten to Crim Pro yet so you could be right, but his style is just awful and boring

stronitsing

New

Post by stronitsing » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:22 pm

rhs100 wrote:Arghh ... anyone else confused with all the different automobile related Crim Pro stuff? Any good way to get over that confusion?
It should be relatively straight forward if you memorize each rule. If they search because it's pursuant to arrest you have one rule, if they search because they have probable cause during the stop it's another rule. Ya know?

stronitsing

New

Post by stronitsing » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Danger Zone wrote:The guy that teaches all the Crim stuff, Kip Cornwell, is by far the worst lecturer yet. Everyone else for New York has been on point.
So much this. As another said I did find he was able to outline the crim pro stuff in a helpful way. But man he's hard to listen to.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

I think his lecture notes are clear and complete.

Has anyone outlined Civ Pro? I'm having trouble with that subject.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:39 pm

My best grades in law school were in crim law and crim pro. Yet, so far those are my lowest scores of all with Barbri... Evidence and Civ Pro were mediocre grades in law school, but I'm knocking them out of the park. I'm in FL, not NY, but I just think all the rules blend together no matter what in crim stuff. I've seen that making my own tables and flow charts has helped me.

Any tips for remembering all the K's rules? It was by far my worst grade in law school so I am a bit concerned.

In other news, I got the critical pass flashcards and they arrived in the mail yesterday. THEY ARE AMAZING. I compared them to my outlines and they are nearly identical, and the few things that are missing, I can write in on a card or use one of the extra cards. Naturally, I don't know if they are actually going to help yet, but they saved be a ton of time and are very complete, so I love them already.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Because Wills is an important subject for us, I decided to study it earlier. The lectures were atrocious - unclear and disorganised. The Trusts one was bad as well. I'm beginning to lose faith in the Barbri lectures.

Sorry for the rant.

rhs100

New

Post by rhs100 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

How did you all do with the K's essay? I am realizing I hate essays ugh. K's essays could be so open ended too, had trouble figuring out what to talk about and what to leave out.

bluesnowflake

New

Post by bluesnowflake » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey all -

Just curious - has anyone found a set of flash cards for the New York subjects that they like, or are there any ways to make making flashcards more efficient that are working for you? Making my own is taking approximately eight times what BarBri allots us for lecture review. (I realize this sounds like a stupid question, but it's really killing me in terms of keeping up. :) )

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kmp127

New

Post by kmp127 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

bluesnowflake wrote:Hey all -

Just curious - has anyone found a set of flash cards for the New York subjects that they like, or are there any ways to make making flashcards more efficient that are working for you? Making my own is taking approximately eight times what BarBri allots us for lecture review. (I realize this sounds like a stupid question, but it's really killing me in terms of keeping up. :) )

Thanks!
It's taking me FOREVER as well! I got Critical Pass cards, but TX essays are predominantly non-MBE subjects so I had to. I will say this, however, after finishing my cards for Trusts and Estate Administration I went and took the Assessment online and got 80% (that's without ever reading through them again or anything). I like those odds, so re-writing/re-typing is working as a reinforcement tool really well. All that said, I'm working reallyyyy hard on getting faster at it ha

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

what is the difference between questions via "study smart" and questions via "MPQ," and also where does the barbri app align with all of this? There are sets of MPQ questions on the app as well. My question more specifically is if I do the "MPQ Evidence Set 1" on my ipad via the app, have I completed what they wanted me to do for Evidence Set 1?

*Edit: it appears study smart and MPQ book are not the same thing, so where do the questions from the app generate from?

[Completed]
MPQ: Contracts Set 1 (18 Qs) (in StudySmart) Online Contracts
[Questions]

[In Progress]
MPQ: Evidence Set 2 (18 Qs) (in MPQ Book)
Last edited by 941law on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jas31

New

Post by jas31 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

kmp127 wrote:

Thanks!
It's taking me FOREVER as well! I got Critical Pass cards, but TX essays are predominantly non-MBE subjects so I had to. I will say this, however, after finishing my cards for Trusts and Estate Administration I went and took the Assessment online and got 80% (that's without ever reading through them again or anything). I like those odds, so re-writing/re-typing is working as a reinforcement tool really well. All that said, I'm working reallyyyy hard on getting faster at it ha
I used iFlash on my mac and then synced the cards to my phone using their free app. It helps more than writing it all out.

ArmyOfficer

New

Post by ArmyOfficer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:26 pm

kmp127 wrote:

Thanks!
How much detail are you putting on your flashcards? Are you just hitting everything from the lecture handouts? Or the CMR?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kmp127

New

Post by kmp127 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:28 pm

ArmyOfficer wrote:
kmp127 wrote:

Thanks!
How much detail are you putting on your flashcards? Are you just hitting everything from the lecture handouts? Or the CMR?
Oh goodness not the CMR, just the lecture and in a pared down form so I can remember - maybe a few examples too if I can pare them down as well. My goal is to condense it as much as possible so it can fit into this sponge of a brain. The process of paring it down, however is the most beneficial bc it requires me understand it well first. I think that's where I'm taking the most time... but that's a good review isn't it?

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm

941law wrote:what is the difference between questions via "study smart" and questions via "MPQ," and also where does the barbri app align with all of this? There are sets of MPQ questions on the app as well. My question more specifically is if I do the "MPQ Evidence Set 1" on my ipad via the app, have I completed what they wanted me to do for Evidence Set 1?

*Edit: it appears study smart and MPQ book are not the same thing, so where do the questions from the app generate from?

[Completed]
MPQ: Contracts Set 1 (18 Qs) (in StudySmart) Online Contracts
[Questions]

[In Progress]
MPQ: Evidence Set 2 (18 Qs) (in MPQ Book)
In the MPQ book, you will see a a set at the very beginning of the the substantive content type with 25 questions. This is the workshop. It does not appear on the studysmart system. However, all of the studysmart sets (these are the sets that are 18 questions each) appear in the MPQ book after the workshop set. They are the same sets. However, if you do them on the studysmart electronic system, they will present them in a different order in the book (look on the electronic system next time and you will see a question number, etc.).

Now for the app. The app has exactly the same sets as the 18 questions studysmart sets, again, which are also found in the book. From what I remember they just mix them all up and they are in no order (but they also have identifiers).

KEY POINT: if you are just goofing around on the app and you SYNC the app to your Studysmart online portal, it will skew your results. For example, I did a few evidence questions prior to the course even starting on the app. After course started, I synced the app. My performance on those questions was calculated into my overall performance on the studysmart app. So if you are just goofing around on app without really thinking too hard, dont sync it. But, note that you will recognize those app questions later because they are the ones contained in 18 question sets.

ksball02

New

Post by ksball02 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Any tips for using time more efficiently in the MPT section? Ya girl is strugglin'.

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:03 pm

I just need to vent, so I apologize in advance. I am struggling really bad, I just feel so lost. I work 3 days a week (I know many others go through crazier situations), the personal homework is so much that I have already decided that I am not going to do all of it (haven't decided what not to do), I impulsively purchased Seperac (his advice is good - just really detailed). So utter despair and depression has sinked in.

Anyway thanks and I hope you all are fairing better than I.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:I just need to vent, so I apologize in advance. I am struggling really bad, I just feel so lost. I work 3 days a week (I know many others go through crazier situations), the personal homework is so much that I have already decided that I am not going to do all of it (haven't decided what not to do), I impulsively purchased Seperac (his advice is good - just really detailed). So utter despair and depression has sinked in.

Anyway thanks and I hope you all are fairing better than I.
We aren't even close to the exam date. Go take a day off and have a beer.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Had a friend visiting and then was packing and then moving so I am SOOOOO far behind. I was at 11% completed/15% assigned, now it's at 28% assigned.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Also, where the fuck is the handout for the "Systematic Problem Solving and Multistate Skills Workshop"?

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:11 pm

In the MPT workbook?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:13 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:In the MPT workbook?
No, it's not related to the MPT, it's MBE-related. I can download a PDF of the handout from the link on the video (which is where I can see that it's talking about MBE-type mult choice questions), but I can't find it in a book, and I can't print it because I'm at my dad's house.

And it's not in the MBE book (MPQ) with all the other workshops (intro and subject specific)

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 pm

These assignments today are garbage. Between a lecture, a CA Performance Test, and other assignments, if I actually did everything (like preparing/reviewing notes) it would come in at 12.5 hours. Seriously? It's June 10!

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Post by Outis Onoma » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:57 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Had a friend visiting and then was packing and then moving so I am SOOOOO far behind. I was at 11% completed/15% assigned, now it's at 28% assigned.
Similar situation. I moved, now I'm a good 5-6 days behind. I need to figure out what to cut to catch up.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:In the MPT workbook?
No, it's not related to the MPT, it's MBE-related. I can download a PDF of the handout from the link on the video (which is where I can see that it's talking about MBE-type mult choice questions), but I can't find it in a book, and I can't print it because I'm at my dad's house.

And it's not in the MBE book (MPQ) with all the other workshops (intro and subject specific)
Oops. I couldn't find it either.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”