BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kyle010723

Silver

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 pm

So this goes without saying, but remember to upload your essays.

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 pm

NC essays were nuts. Almost nothing was straightforward. Nearly a third of our essays had some kind of property issues. There were a couple of essays where determining the area of law was super ambiguous. Torts? Contracts? They just loved giving mixed/blended questions. Sigh. I felt so demoralized and nauseous when I came back to the hotel, I literally felt sick.

Hope tomorrow goes better.

sprezz

Bronze

Post by sprezz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 pm

shout out to whoever posted the UBE MEE topic predictions. you da real mvp

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 pm

sprezz wrote:shout out to whoever posted the UBE MEE topic predictions. you da real mvp

Amen

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:
5ky wrote:don't forget: in all likelihood you will be raging when you come back tomorrow about how the MBE questions were trickier than barbri's and how shitty a jerb they did. this results from:

1. nerves
2. you only remember the hard ones, and not the easy ones
3. you cannot immediately grade like you are used to, so you've never had to deal with this before

just keep that in mind.
So are they trickier or not?

Yea, what's this negativity??
not negativity, just saying. i thought the real mbe were somewhere between barbri and emmanuel (easier than barbi, but not as easy as emmanuel). but it felt way harder at the time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 pm

For real when I got to last essay I thought of this

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:15 pm

5ky wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:
5ky wrote:don't forget: in all likelihood you will be raging when you come back tomorrow about how the MBE questions were trickier than barbri's and how shitty a jerb they did. this results from:

1. nerves
2. you only remember the hard ones, and not the easy ones
3. you cannot immediately grade like you are used to, so you've never had to deal with this before

just keep that in mind.
So are they trickier or not?

Yea, what's this negativity??
not negativity, just saying. i thought the real mbe were somewhere between barbri and emmanuel (easier than barbi, but not as easy as emmanuel). but it felt way harder at the time.
I bet you crushed it. if it's anything like their OBE-MBE 100 question sample they feel different but you're score jumps up

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
sprezz wrote:shout out to whoever posted the UBE MEE topic predictions. you da real mvp

Amen
Just forwarded along what my school sent me. They got 5 of the 6 though! I was impressed. I think torts was the only one she didn't predict.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:So, who actually slept last night? I think I was out for 3 hours max.
Garbage!

Woke up like 3040746 times
Finally fell asleep around 1:15 (but I was so close at 11 I could feel it, and then I felt it slip away). Woke up to go to the bathroom at 5:45 and couldn't get back to sleep because I knew my alarm was going off in 45 minutes.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 pm

BVest wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
3|ink wrote:So, who actually slept last night? I think I was out for 3 hours max.
Garbage!

Finally fell asleep around 1:15 (but I was so close at 11 I could feel it, and then I felt it slip away). Woke up to go to the bathroom at 5:45 and couldn't get back to sleep because I knew my alarm was going off in 45 minutes.
I would be satisfied with that much sleep

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:37 pm

Anyone got some good exam stories? Mine was quite uneventful today. No one broke down and cry or anything.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Anyone got some good exam stories? Mine was quite uneventful today. No one broke down and cry or anything.

Two people got assigned to the same chair. Momentary just explosion of anxiety pretty funny

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:46 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Anyone got some good exam stories? Mine was quite uneventful today. No one broke down and cry or anything.
i was actually looking forward to this. is that mean? maybe tomorrow because the MBE will probably destroy many of us. :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:47 pm

BVest wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Garbage!

Fuck this sounds like my night...Just go to fucking sleep dammit!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:49 pm

starryski wrote:
i was actually looking forward to this. is that mean? maybe tomorrow because the MBE will probably destroy many of us. :mrgreen:
Guy whose breath smelled like ass and could be smelled 4 feet away. Lady up front shouted 4 times for a person to sit down.

Other than that, the lack of blow ups was saddening.

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Haha. Ours was pretty uneventful. The room was like 50 degrees which sucked.

At the beginning of the MEE our proctor gave us the password to enter, and said, "raise your card if you have any problems." 2 seconds later... I hear 800 computer dings, and everyone has their hand raised.

Our proctor gave us the wrong password haha. That was definitely unnerving.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:55 pm

I heard some guy tell his buddy that a girl they both knew pretty much had no idea what to do and said fuck this and peaced out midway through the morning. Didn't see any other empty chairs in the afternoon but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
BVest wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Garbage!

I have a hard time falling/staying asleep generally, but last night was just silly. I took an Ambien at around 9pm, finally fell asleep at like 1am, and woke up at 4am. Bleh.

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:09 am

Anyone know if explanations are available (from NCBE or anyone else) for the sample MBE questions NCBE released?

https://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=% ... ument%2F17

^ Those questions only have an answer key and there are a few things I'd love to check if possible.

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:11 am

He was clutch. I think he only missed evidence (instead of torts), which was mighty fine by me. Bravo to whoever it was.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
BVest wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Garbage!

I have a hard time falling/staying asleep generally, but last night was just silly. I took an Ambien at around 9pm, finally fell asleep at like 1am, and woke up at 4am. Bleh.
I here you. There was construction or some crazy noise outside my hotel in Sacramento last night around 4. Either that or I temporarily lost my mind

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:16 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:I heard some guy tell his buddy that a girl they both knew pretty much had no idea what to do and said fuck this and peaced out midway through the morning. Didn't see any other empty chairs in the afternoon but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Do these people count towards the fail percentage? Someone told me they do, but I have a hard time believing that

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:18 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:I heard some guy tell his buddy that a girl they both knew pretty much had no idea what to do and said fuck this and peaced out midway through the morning. Didn't see any other empty chairs in the afternoon but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Do these people count towards the fail percentage? Someone told me they do, but I have a hard time believing that
Seems like they would if they start the test.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
Seems like they would if they start the test.
It'd make me feel better if the quitters add to the fail % haha

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

I slept like a rock (pretty much always do), but only got 4.5 hours because I had to get up at 5:15.

And then my dad decided to wake up at 5 to make sure I was getting up and woke me up before my alarm, which was annoying. And then he kept hassling me about being late and getting out the door, when I'd allowed 75 minutes to make a 35 minute drive. I eventually had to yell at him to shut up and stop stressing me out and then got out the door PRECISELY when I'd planned. Still got there with enough time to go to safeway and then sit in the hotel parking lot for 15 minutes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”