California Bar Predictions Feb 2015

Cole45

California Bar Predictions Feb 2015

Postby Cole45 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 am

I've watched Sacuzzo a couple of times but he's still so voluminous. I've got a buddy with a trusted tutor who is predicting:

Property - Easements/Covs/RE Transactions

Crim - Murder (oh please, please)/ know insanity, accomplice liability, and 8th A prevents a principal2 from getting gassed

Conlaw - Sep of Powers/DCC

Civpro - If FRCP, Venue/Transfer/Erie/RJ&CE with some joinder tossed in;
if CA, major differences are with pleadings, class action, and "primary rights" for res judicata

Wills - Revocation/DRR/Components (Integration/Indep Sig/inco by ref)/Distribution/Omitted someone

Corps - SH & DIR duties/maybe derivitive suits/PCV which could req discussion on formalities

PR - possible criminal setting, likely full but could cross with Prop/Wills/Corps

if Torts - Privacy & Def

if Evidence - look for CA and criminal setting. Transcript style? (know objections). Might be a lesser tack-on with Crim

I'm not saying I'll not study anything else, but seems like Com Prop & Trusts are unlikely, and I just want to put more minutes where they are more likely to matter. Thoughts? Good luck everyone!

Here's the link to Sacuzzo for convenience: http://baradvisor.blogspot.com/2015/01/ ... tions.html

redblueyellow

Re: California Bar Predictions Feb 2015

Postby redblueyellow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Cole45 wrote:I've watched Sacuzzo a couple of times but he's still so voluminous. I've got a buddy with a trusted tutor who is predicting:

Property - Easements/Covs/RE Transactions

Crim - Murder (oh please, please)/ know insanity, accomplice liability, and 8th A prevents a principal2 from getting gassed

Conlaw - Sep of Powers/DCC

Civpro - If FRCP, Venue/Transfer/Erie/RJ&CE with some joinder tossed in;
if CA, major differences are with pleadings, class action, and "primary rights" for res judicata

Wills - Revocation/DRR/Components (Integration/Indep Sig/inco by ref)/Distribution/Omitted someone

Corps - SH & DIR duties/maybe derivitive suits/PCV which could req discussion on formalities

PR - possible criminal setting, likely full but could cross with Prop/Wills/Corps

if Torts - Privacy & Def

if Evidence - look for CA and criminal setting. Transcript style? (know objections). Might be a lesser tack-on with Crim

I'm not saying I'll not study anything else, but seems like Com Prop & Trusts are unlikely, and I just want to put more minutes where they are more likely to matter. Thoughts? Good luck everyone!

Pls no

BobbyBooBoo

Postby BobbyBooBoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Lol those are very specific topics. It only it was that narrow...

aretoodeetoo

Postby aretoodeetoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:32 pm

1 hour per essay, it has to be somewhat narrow...

i'd kill for crim (4th or 5th amendment stuff with murder would be a dream), con law (p&i curve ball, due process), contracts - (UCC merchants pls), torts, and real property (tenancy would be legit, recording acts would confuse the crap out of me, easements and covs would suck)...

i guess i am just hoping only 1 of either civ pro or evidence shows up. if both show up, i'll be pretty sad. super sad.

if it goes cal civ pro, tricky evidence, obscure community property on the first day, i'll probably just take the next two days off.

BobbyBooBoo

Postby BobbyBooBoo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:19 am

I'm praying this is the year they finally hit California Civil Procedure. I hope that since it's the first time they are introducing Federal Civil Procedure to the MBE, they'll pack it along with California Civil Procedure on essays.

Pleaseeee please pleaseeeeeeee.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”