Bar Exam In Essay Heavy State

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ZyzzBrah

Bronze

Bar Exam In Essay Heavy State

Postby ZyzzBrah » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

MD taker here (essays are 2/3 of the grade)

Just finished with all the MBE subjects, haven't memorized most of the material to the degree i'd like to. So the question: how did (are) you prepare for an essay heavy state?

I have found the practice essays assigned in June to be completely worthless because I don't have the BLL memorized--am i screwed because I haven't been practicing writing but instead focusing on BLL/MBE as of yet?

dreakol

Silver

Re: Bar Exam In Essay Heavy State

Postby dreakol » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 pm

NV here so MBE is also only 1/3 of exam and at least 75s required on at least 3 of the 8 essays (though i have no idea what that means)

I haven't written out a single essay yet and don't really plan on ever writing one out. I've never had a timing problem and the model answers NV released seem like C+/B- material so i'm not worried about actually writing the essays. Does MD release model answers? Check them out and see how detailed they are/how much discussion of the issues are actually required.

I feel like knowing the BLL like the back of your hand and then being able to type them out is more important than going through an entire exam typing X will argue this, Y will argue that. Idk.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�