Pacing on MBE Practice Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
OklahomasOK

Bronze

Re: Pacing on MBE Practice

Post by OklahomasOK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am

The Egyptian wrote:For those practicing from MPQs/Smartstudy and other sources, are you finding your areas of weaknesses, or strength the same regardless of the source of the questions?
Yes. Con law is my weakest no matter where the questions come from. Contracts and Evidence are my best subjects.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 am

with the vast majority of crim, evidence, and con law questions, either you know it or you don't, I've found.

just gotta pick something and move

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:53 am

At the Drive-In wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:
yips wrote:I had the same challenge: finishing way early but never NEVER looking back at questions. I started trying this strategy, and so far, it's working pretty well. I think it's a better use of my extra time and it really does help me focus on each question more.

http://www.barexammind.com/one-weird-trick-mbe-success/

If anyone else tries this, report back how it's going for you and we can compare/tweak strategies! And of course, this is really only going to work if you're already finishing super early.

Well . . .

I tried this method today for a 200 question Kaplan simulated MBE exam held at my school. I must say, I felt really confident while using this method. It took between 7-10 min to go through the entire book and mark each question. The first set, I finished right on the nose, while the second set I had about 13 minutes to spare. I started with my strongest subject (Torts) ending with my weakest (Property), I felt like I had control of the exam. I wasn't fatigued, and didn't have the normal migraine after completing each set of 100. I don't know if this method played a major role in my performance or not but my score increased by 19 points from the last Barbri simulated MBE!
Ironically, I didn't improve in Torts, and performed worse in Evidence (one of my stronger subjects), however, every other area improved. I got 73% in Real Property which is crazy because I saved all those long ass fact patterns till the end.
I was scared I would mis-bubble, but between circling the correct answer in my booklet first then filling in the bubble I was ok.
In conclusion, I WILL BE USING THIS METHOD AGAIN!! We have another simulated MBE before the real thing so I'll get another chance to perfect it.
I am going to give this a shot. I feel like I read fast enough that even if it takes me 20 minutes to mark everything, I won't run out of time. I have never come close to using 3 hours on 100 questions, and I do so much better when I can think in terms of the same subject matter without having to jump around.

Did you try it?

I did, I felt good about it. I was relaxed and confident going through the subjects.

yips

New

Post by yips » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 am

LAWYER2 wrote: Did you try it?

I did, I felt good about it. I was relaxed and confident going through the subjects.
Same for me. It was hard, sure, but I didn't have nearly the same reaction as many people. Could be because of not having to jump around between subjects (I think that's a huge factor in not getting bogged down on the MBE), but who knows, really?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:07 pm

yips wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote: Did you try it?

Same for me. It was hard, sure, but I didn't have nearly the same reaction as many people. Could be because of not having to jump around between subjects (I think that's a huge factor in not getting bogged down on the MBE), but who knows, really?
Exactly, who knows. But I can truly say I didn't have the same frustration as everyone else. People were talking about getting burned out at the 3/4 mark, but really didn't feel that way. Being able to break up the test into 6 parts helped me a lot. It's like that saying, "How do you eat an elephant?" - "One bite at a time."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”