U of A 1L here (Arizona) Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
onlyunholy

Bronze

U of A 1L here (Arizona)

Post by onlyunholy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Ask away! Arizona 1L here.

w00kash

New

Re: U of A 1L here (Arizona)

Post by w00kash » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for taking questions! As an out of state student, I'm wondering what's the best way to go about looking for housing? Is La Aldea worth looking into at all? Is there a particular spot most 1L's live in?

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Do you feel robbed of the 1 seed?

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:47 pm

w00kash wrote:Thanks for taking questions! As an out of state student, I'm wondering what's the best way to go about looking for housing? Is La Aldea worth looking into at all? Is there a particular spot most 1L's live in?
I was also an out of state student. I recommend visiting if you have a day or two to commit to finding housing versus doing it all online. Most 1Ls live close to campus, I would say within 2 miles, as a ton of them bike to school. I live 2 miles away myself and would not want to live further because of the traffic here, which is strangely kind of ridiculous.

I'm older, so La Aldea is not something I would prefer -- though a lot of the 1Ls do live there. I don't like dorm-style housing and I am not sure how expensive they are, but I believe finding housing nearby would be cheaper and clearly much more private. I also do not recommend the "upscale" housing they offer near campus--they RIDICULOUSLY overpriced for (IMHO) no good reason. This all depends on if you have a car -- if you don't, there are still plenty of houses within blocks of the law school, some even on the same street as the law school. That is also a cheap option.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate -- I got a lot of help from other people and so much appreciated their time :).
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:Do you feel robbed of the 1 seed?
You already know that answer ;).

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Also: You can e-mail the office staff (PM me and I can give you names) and they can also give you a list of options..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

johnsont426

New

Post by johnsont426 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi thanks for taking questions, I am choosing between Arizona and ASU now and I am an international student, it says in the welcome package that theres about 25% of international students in the current 1L class and will be about the same percentage for the incoming JD class, is it true? I am leaning toward Arizona now, but is there any sign of slipping in the school? (the data of the past three years on LST seem so, or is it just by coincidence?) Also if you can talk more about some advantages that Arizona has I will be grateful!

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:04 pm

my sister went to U of A for undergrad. Best places to live nearby the law school would be campus crossing, the apt complex across the street from dirtbags(forget the name but its pretty quiet at this apt complex, lot of international students), and the apt at zona verde(i think thats what it is called) up the street from Eller.

You can also try to find a place off craigslist at some apts/flats on blacklidge which is north of campus. These options are all cheaper than graduate housing. The specific housing that I am referring to is the graduate apartments by Coronado.

w00kash

New

Post by w00kash » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Thank you! Those look like some great options :D

itsme123

New

Post by itsme123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Simone Sepe from U of A is teaching Business Associations at Northwestern this year. Has anyone had him as a professor? Feel free to PM me if you have any thoughts/advice. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

helpappreciated

New

Post by helpappreciated » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:53 pm

itsme123 wrote:Simone Sepe from U of A is teaching Business Associations at Northwestern this year. Has anyone had him as a professor? Feel free to PM me if you have any thoughts/advice. Thanks!
Any other students willing to PM me as well?

damselindistress

New

Post by damselindistress » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 am

itsme123 wrote:Simone Sepe from U of A is teaching Business Associations at Northwestern this year. Has anyone had him as a professor? Feel free to PM me if you have any thoughts/advice. Thanks!
Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated on my end as well!

chicago-gunner123

New

Post by chicago-gunner123 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:29 pm

helpappreciated wrote:
Any other students willing to PM me as well?
I also would appreciate a PM on this if possible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”