Fast Food Franchising Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
xiao_long

New

Fast Food Franchising Law

Post by xiao_long » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello! I am interested in doing franchising law related to fast food restaurants, since this segment makes up the vast majority of franchising activity here in the U.S. Anyone out there that can shed some light on this niche field and how I can get my foot in the door ?

NYC Biglaw to McDonald's/Subway/Dunkin Donuts legal arm:?:

Thanks so much!

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Re: Fast Food Franchising Law

Post by lacrossebrother » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 pm

All I can contribute is that picking a legal career based on the corporate structure of some potential clients seems like a bad idea.

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Maybe you could go work for the NLRB though? Seems like they're adopting an academic/regulatory interest in joint employer relationships that might really tickle your fancy!

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:55 pm

You could also maybe consider a solo career suing franchises. You'd definitely get to know some of the big time franchise lawyers and rainmakers this way. You could start by reserving a domain like thefastfoodfranchisinglawyer.com where you have a cool picture of you doing something sporty, an about you section, and a blog about fast food franchising issues

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 pm

lacrossebrother wrote:You could also maybe consider a solo career suing franchises. You'd definitely get to know some of the big time franchise lawyers and rainmakers this way. You could start by reserving a domain like thefastfoodfranchisinglawyer.com where you have a cool picture of you doing something sporty, an about you section, and a blog about fast food franchising issues
http://i.bittwiddlers.org/K7G.gif

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DportIA

Bronze

Post by DportIA » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:00 pm

gray plant mooty in MSP specializes in representing franchisors.

xiao_long

New

Post by xiao_long » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:12 am

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I took a look at Gray Plant Moody's website and found this:

In fact, several of our attorneys worked in-house for the nation’s most prominent food and beverage brand names and franchises and were instrumental in shaping some of the laws and policies governing the industry today.

Looks like going in-house is the way to go; but as we all know, that requires Biglaw first. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”