Is GULC worth 140k debt w/ 100% confidenc oftop 10% clasrank Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Re: Is GULC worth 140k debt w/ 100% confidenc oftop 10% clasrank

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Mon May 26, 2014 1:51 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote: You can't just work your way to top 10% grades. Even if you put in more hours than everyone in the class you could still end up at median. The grading is based on one 3-4 hour exam and can often be quite arbitrary. Plus there's the fact that everyone in the class is smart and works hard. Think about the smartest and hardest working 1-2 kids in all of your undergrad classes, and then think about being graded on a curve against a class full of them.
This a thousand times.

To OP: I'm sure you have a great work ethic. But guess what, everyone else you will be attending school with will to. I'm sure you're also very intelligent, but so will all your classmates. The point is, don't go to ANY law school and assume you'll be top X%. There are whole threads dedicated to similar topics such as "if I go to a lower ranked school, will I be higher in the class with superior GPA/LSAT?" Trust me, don't assume you'll be top 10%. Everyone of your classmates is thinking the same thing.

Personally, I would go to GW for $$$ instead of GULC.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Is GULC worth 140k debt w/ 100% confidenc oftop 10% clasrank

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Friendly recurrent alt/troll has trolled.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”