Reapplying After 1L First Semester Withdraw

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
josephgt513

Reapplying After 1L First Semester Withdraw

Postby josephgt513 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 pm

How's it going TLSers? Withdrew from my TTT school 2 months into it, wasn't quite ready and I had some family issues going on as well. I want to reapply in a year or two when I'm more ready and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this. Currently I am working at a law office gaining some work experience and I definitely love the field and the law and couldn't see myself doing anything else. Kinda screwed around my senior year in college and my UGPA dropped .15 in my final semester (anyone know how a law school would view this? They only saw my higher grades when I applied because my UGPA was from fall semester). I plan on retaking my LSAT (153) and raising it at least 5 points before I apply. Anyone have any tips/suggestions that would help me out? It was tough to withdraw but I was no where near in the right state of mind for law school yet and I burnt out very quickly. All I've wanted my whole life is to be a lawyer, I know I can do it, and I'd love to go back. Anything helps, thanks TLS users!

Nova

Re: Reapplying After 1L First Semester Withdraw

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 am

Use this http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=195603

generally all that matters is your cumulative GPA

good luck

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”