Lewis & Clark Students/Graduates

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lateralis

Lewis & Clark Students/Graduates

Postby lateralis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Do we have any with us who could answer some questions?

SamSeaborn2016

Re: Lewis & Clark Students/Graduates

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm

First time I've been on this forum in years. I can answer if you still have questions.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 am

Current student. What's your question?

lateralis

Postby lateralis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:39 pm

L & C is lucky to have ambassadors like you guys! Thanks for your willingness to help!

sidhesadie wrote:Current student. What's your question?

I actually have two:

1) Are the top students at Lewis & Clark competitive in the Oregon market with top students from the top schools who have ties? I mean literally, #1-5 in your class, are they able to compete with, say, top 10% at CCNVMPBDCN? I know Portland firms seem to have many Lewis & Clark alumni but I have heard that more and more of the Chicago/Virginia/Cornell-type crowd with ties are coming home because of Portland's quality of life.

2) What is the liberal/conservative split? The TLS profile says L & C is far to the left which is fine by me as long as both viewpoints on any given issue are at least mentioned in the classroom. Are they in your experience?

Thanks again!

Domke

Postby Domke » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:07 pm

I also have a question for L&C students.

I am interested in doing healthcare law. I know L&C doesn't have a specific certificate in healthcare but they do offer some classes. Is there anybody you know of who has successfully gone through L&C law and ended up working on healthcare? Also is there a market for it in Portland? or is the city just too small? Thank you.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”