Just looking for some general input: Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
wLaw_candidate

New

Re: Just looking for some general input:

Post by wLaw_candidate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks, but I actually purchased those books, and used them. I also went through Kaplan as well as my host college LSAT training.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 am

35.5% of graduates were known to be employed in long-term, full-time legal jobs. This figure includes an unknown number school-funded jobs.
59.8% graduates were employed in long-term jobs.
60.6% graduates were employed in full-time jobs.
11+: 11.3%
51+: 3.2%
--LinkRemoved--

Its not worth your time or money to attend. You are better off doing something else. Retake or dont go.

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:55 pm

wLaw_candidate wrote:

Thanks, but I actually purchased those books, and used them. I also went through Kaplan as well as my host college LSAT training.
If you really have done everything you say you have and are still scoring 149, I don't think the LSAT, and thus law school, is for you. (This is of course not an attack on your intelligence, so please don't take it that way. Look up the story of the CEO of Spanx as living proof.)

But god damn it, do not go to some shitty law school in NYC and expect to make good money in literally the most difficult legal market in history in the most competitive city in the world for attorneys. Go do 5 minutes of research on these schools and save yourself 3 years of your life and 6 figures of non-discharageable debt.

You are not going to get a good job--and most likely won't get any law-related job--from these terrible schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”