Criminal Law casebook by Lee/Harris

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Criminal Law casebook by Lee/Harris

Postby RaleighStClair » Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 pm

0L here. Just to throw it out there, I've thoroughly read through the sticky on this forum, in addition to multiple searches for this casebook on this site and in general.
Anyway, I'm about to start this summer with one class (Crim Law). I recently found out who my prof is going to be and the casebook we'll be using. It's being taught by a visiting professor and we'll be using the casebook written by Cynthia Lee and Angela Harris. All I know about this book is that it stands out from most casebooks in that it has an extremely progressive stance and takes a lot of critical feminist perspectives on the law.

My questions are:
1) Has anybody had this casebook for 1L before, and would you recommend a supplement other than Dressler's?
2) For anyone who's had a progressive feminist professor for crim, coupled with a similar/the same casebook (not sure how common this is), are there any tips you'd recommend for exam prep?
3) As an aside, would it be going too far to ask if anyone's taken this particular professor before? I'm not sure what the protocol is; whether this would be some kind of honor code violation to probe for information this specific?

Re: Criminal Law casebook by Lee/Harris

Postby HastingsStudent2016 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:59 am

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”