Duke 1L: Ask all your Blue Devil-related questions here! Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
thesmark

New

Re: Duke 1L: Ask all your Blue Devil-related questions here!

Post by thesmark » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:00 pm

I can't make ASW, but I will be there shortly afterwards

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Honestly, the students at Duke are probably pretty similar to those of our peer schools. We all seem to draw from the same population, anyway. Berk might be a little different, and NU students tend to be a little older. But I wouldn't be surprised if the overall "personality" (if there is such a thing) of Duke's student body is very similar to MVPCG.

In other words: people are generally relaxed and easy to get along with. Everyone is very bright. There are a few gunners (though not many), and a handful of students are socially awkward. But generally students here are friendly, approachable, and down-to-earth.

beebela

New

Post by beebela » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Did you guys choose Duke over higher-ranked schools in the T14? If so, why? Do you like Durham? I'm applying next cycle and love what I've researched about it so far. Also, did anyone here do the JD/LLM program? Or heard anything good/bad about it? Sorry for all the questions! :lol:

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm

beebela wrote:Did you guys choose Duke over higher-ranked schools in the T14? If so, why? Do you like Durham? I'm applying next cycle and love what I've researched about it so far. Also, did anyone here do the JD/LLM program? Or heard anything good/bad about it? Sorry for all the questions! :lol:
Picked duke over michigan with essentially the same money. I like durham, good place with more than enough to do to fill the limited free time you have. Great weather is also a plus. If you have more specific questions you can let me know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”