Georgetown Law living

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Georgetown Law living

Postby hookem12 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 am

Any current students have advice on where to live when attending Georgetown? I'm fairly familiar with the DC area, I'm just trying to figure out what area would be most convenient (and not super cost-prohibitive). Feel free to recommend specific apartment complexes! I've done a lot of research on apartments in the area, and I'm looking for a studio in the $1300-$1700 range. I can go a bit over if things like utilities are included and parking isn't too high. Especially interested in the Dupont Circle area. My non-negotiables are that it has to be semi-safe, have a dishwasher, and be either close to a metro stop or within a few miles walking distance of GULC.

Re: Georgetown Law living

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm interested in on campus housing - how is it? How are the prices?

Postby amsbaer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 pm

I am a GULC Alum ('11). My husband was living in DC for a bit when I moved to MA to start my job. He is moving up to MA with me and we are responsible for re-letting his studio. The link is here: --LinkRemoved--. Its a great location and price, especially since the utilities are included.

Postby abstract » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 am

I'm not a GULC student yet, but I live in DC and would highly recommend Capitol Hill. It can be affordable, and IMHO is the nicest area in which to live near GULC. You have cafes, Eastern Market, and a nice vibe. Padmapper seems like a good way to find nearby listings.

Postby utilityname » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Came here looking for this thread exactly.

Looking to find a 1 BR within walking distance to share with my SO who is moving with me.

Would prefer walking distance but would settle for a fair price in a safe neighborhood with quick metro access.

How tough is it to find a basement or something with a door on the street (other than a full on townhome) in Capitol Hill?

Amsbaer, how soon do you have to let your place?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”