LA Schools

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
CindyLarson84

LA Schools

Postby CindyLarson84 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Students at LA schools -

Where are the best neighborhoods/areas/apartment complexes to live in?

While I recognize that this may depend on which school and the school's relative location, I'm just wondering what I can/should immediately cross out...

Thanks!

Shammis

Re: LA Schools

Postby Shammis » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

We could help you out more if you told us which school...are you familiar with LA? UCLA and USC are on completely opposite sides of the sprawl...though Loyola and USC are pretty close. Pepperdine is further than UCLA and has different housing options. I could help out if I had more info...PM me if your not comfortable posting which school I suppose...

CindyLarson84

Postby CindyLarson84 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Areas around UCLA preferably but if there are areas removed from the UCLA vicinity, I have no problem commuting.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I hear Compton's nice.

For UCLA I'd just live in Westwood.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:39 pm

For UCLA it's pretty much Westwood, Century city, and Santa Monica (if you prefer the beach and dont mind sitting in traffic during rush hour) for convenience. You can get cheaper housing over the hill in the Sherman Oaks area and get to class by taking one of the passes (Beverly Glenn comes to mind) but youd have to figure in Traffic. HTH

Dman

Postby Dman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Also for UCLA, if you are on a budget I would consider Palms. Definitely not as nice, but I pay a fraction of the Westwood price and I have a bus that takes me from my apartment straight to the law school (thus no parking pass cost).

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”