University of Kentucky 1L taking questions. Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ukerock2005

New

Re: University of Kentucky 1L taking questions.

Post by ukerock2005 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

hope11 wrote:so honestly how was your first week of class at UK Law? The more detailed the response the better...
I honestly don't remember a lot of details about my first week. Law school becomes a blur after that first semester. I remember being pretty nervous early on about being called on. But everyone was really nice and I thought it was a pretty smooth transition honestly. Maybe some of the current 1L's will eventually be able to give you a more indepth answer. If you have any more specific questions about classes, lex, or student life I can probably answer those.

ukerock2005

New

Post by ukerock2005 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:17 pm

hope11 wrote:btw did anyone watch this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhLapvLCWu0

what is the law school saying about this incident. I feel like, as a prospective student, I should be seriously worried by this.
The law school stated that they were appalled by the signs and hoped that the person would be caught or at least not continue posting the signs. Since the second incident I am not aware of it happening again. Hopefully there won't be any further postings.

ukerock2005

New

Post by ukerock2005 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:Out of curiosity what is the campus like? Im leaning towards UK and I graduated from UF. How do you guys like the city and the general atmosphere? I love small college towns but after spending my time in gville I kind of want to be somewhere with a little culture and different experiences. Also, Im from out of state and I have been offered in-state tuition. Do guys think that I can negotiate any more money? I have a undergrad gpa of 3.0 in bioengineering, grad gpa of 3.56 and LSAT of 161

The campus is actually pretty nice and pretty big. As far as UK's law building, it is pretty old. That is one of the negative things about UK law. Though they are currently in talks with people to raise the money to build a new building. I personally love the city. It is big enough that you can find things to do, but small enough that you don't have the problems of a bigger city. The bar scene is decent if that interests you. As far as bargaining more money I really have no idea.

Ademae

New

Post by Ademae » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:51 am

Hey guys! I have two questions:

1. Best apartment places to live in KY near the law school
2. How big is the Jewish community in Lexington? any synagogues, temples around the school?

I am from Miami, Graduated from University of Miami, so Im a little bit concern about moving to lexington, have no idea what to expect!!!

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

ukerock2005

New

Post by ukerock2005 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Ademae wrote:Hey guys! I have two questions:

1. Best apartment places to live in KY near the law school
2. How big is the Jewish community in Lexington? any synagogues, temples around the school?

I am from Miami, Graduated from University of Miami, so Im a little bit concern about moving to lexington, have no idea what to expect!!!

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)
1. There are a lot of options around campus. I know a lot of the law students live in the seminary. It is right across from the law school and is affordable. Some point soon Dean Bakert should be sending you a packet that lists housing options. Two other good options near campus are http://royallexington.com and http://kentuckystudenthousing.com. Those two places are filled with undergrads if that would be a problem for you.
2. I honestly cannot say I know much about the Jewish community in Lexington. Wish I could be more helpful on this topic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”