Roger Williams Law on complaints.com Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
dpk711

Silver

Re: Roger Williams Law on complaints.com

Post by dpk711 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

SeeMeMakeitHappen wrote: A great percentage of graduates presently do get good jobs.
Is this a joke? If it is, it's not funny. If it isn't then I think you need help.

SeeMeMakeitHappen

New

Post by SeeMeMakeitHappen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:53 pm

dpk711

I wrote:
"A great percentage of graduates presently do get good jobs. "

To wit you quipped:
"Is this a joke? If it is, it's not funny. If it isn't then I think you need help."

A poorly written sentence? Yes, but get off your high horse. What I was trying to say is that the school's graduates fare markedly better than what was written here by others.

Does everyone get a job out of school? Hell No. What T2 or below school has a 100% rate nonetheless a T4? I was merely replying to the statements of others who alleged that if you go to RWU you will not get work in the field. I am emphatically stating that is not true. I base what I am saying on my first hand experiences there and the jobs my classmates and I have landed. Yes, a bunch of our classmates had trouble finding work at first. It was 2008 and the economy had just imploded, we went to T4 law school, and the market was (and is still) saturated. Yet, the majority of my peers found work, many at large firms or prestigious clerkships.

I am disappointed that rather than discussing the school for good or bad this has degenerated into a smug game of pot shots on the use of grammar, sentence structure, and marginally clever comments.

For all the haters out there:

Where did you end up going to law school?
Was it a T3 or another T4 where the only way you can feel good about your education/incredible expenditure of resources for no big gain is to crap on the school ranked below yours so you can feel better?

If you went T2 or higher what's it to you?

Why base your arguement on easily obtainable facts when you can rely on hearsay, out of date anecdotal evidence, and holier than thou pithy comments? Mighty fine lawyering there.

Was law school worth it to you? And, if it was, why do you feel the need to trash my school? And more importantly, even have the time to do so?

I am making the time because it is my school, what's your excuse(s)?

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 pm

SeeMeMakeitHappen wrote:dpk711

I wrote:

What I was trying to say is that the school's graduates fare markedly better than what was written here by others.
Since when does a 50% bar-required employment rate translate into "a great percentage of graduates get good jobs?"

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:16 pm

I wrote:

To wit you quipped:
"Is this a joke? If it is, it's not funny. If it isn't then I think you need help."

A poorly written sentence? Yes, but get off your high horse. What I was trying to say is that the school's graduates fare markedly better than what was written here by others.

Does everyone get a job out of school? Hell No. What T2 or below school has a 100% rate nonetheless a T4? I was merely replying to the statements of others who alleged that if you go to RWU you will not get work in the field. I am emphatically stating that is not true. I base what I am saying on my first hand experiences there and the jobs my classmates and I have landed. Yes, a bunch of our classmates had trouble finding work at first. It was 2008 and the economy had just imploded, we went to T4 law school, and the market was (and is still) saturated. Yet, the majority of my peers found work, many at large firms or prestigious clerkships.

I am disappointed that rather than discussing the school for good or bad this has degenerated into a smug game of pot shots on the use of grammar, sentence structure, and marginally clever comments.

Was it a T3 or another T4 where the only way you can feel good about your education/incredible expenditure of resources for no big gain is to crap on the school ranked below yours so you can feel better?

Why base your arguement on easily obtainable facts when you can rely on hearsay, out of date anecdotal evidence, and holier than thou pithy comments? Mighty fine lawyering there.

Was law school worth it to you? And, if it was, why do you feel the need to trash my school? And more importantly, even have the time to do so?

SnapSnapSnap

New

Post by SnapSnapSnap » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I wrote:

To wit you quipped:

If you're a troll, you're my favorite troll in the whole wide world. If not, you need thicker internet skin and you need to simmer the fuck down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ru2486

Bronze

Post by ru2486 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:34 pm

SeeMeMakeitHappen wrote: Where this elitist blogosphere-gang-rape of RWU is coming from is questionable.
Reading this whole thread was worth it just for this one line.

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 am

bjsesq wrote:
That said, if you care about the ghosts of RWU Law Past, then go elsewhere, but if you live in the here and now, aren't going Tier 1, and want to work in the region, then consider RWU for the reasons I have listed above, and more, while not germaine to a quality of education discussion, quality of life is fantastic, the location is a short drive to Newport, Providence, Boston, Cape Cod, and of course the mountains further north, which, when you need to blow off steam, which you will, you can.
A slew of options to pick from, but this one was truly Faulkner/Joyce-esque.
SeeMeMakeitHappen wrote:A typo or two by no means indicates inebriation while writing. Smug comments like that show you are truly a db looking to play gotcha rather than actually have a dialogue.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Bowties08

New

Post by Bowties08 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:25 pm

'08 grad here. I thought the school was pretty good. I can't say anything bad about the profs - all of them had top credentials and were good professors. It did take me a while to get my first job. I passed the bar in MA and RI (1st try) and it took about 6 months before I got a job, which was in-house at a midsize corporation. While it isn't well known nationally, it has a good reputation in New England.

jchiles

Silver

Re: Roger Williams Law on complaints.c

Post by jchiles » Thu May 21, 2015 11:21 pm

omninode wrote:
Jsnowboard wrote:Two guys just enjoying the law.

This line made me laugh so hard I didn't bother to read the rest of the post.
yeah i've lurked on tls for like 3 years now and this is the funniest thing i've ever read on here

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

POTUSorSCOTUS

Bronze

Post by POTUSorSCOTUS » Sun May 24, 2015 12:46 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
SeeMeMakeitHappen wrote:BJEsq, as to my writing style, I write how I speak, mea culpa if you didn't intend it as a jab, but to many 'Faulkneresque' means writing while drunk, which is meant to insult the writer as incoherent, which I am not...and is fighting words where I come from.
In this case it has to do with run-on (and on, and on, and on) sentences and an extreme surfeit of commas.
Lmao

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”