This thread is for those who have been admitted to The University of Virginia School of Law's Class of 2017. Congratulations!
Much of the information below is directly from The University of Virginia School of Law Admissions Website and links to the source of the information are in orange where applicable.
I will update the OP with more information as it becomes available.
I have set up a chat for students admitted to the Class of 2017 to get to know each other. Please PM me for details to avoid spam users joining.
- • Jan. 1, 2014 – Financial Aid Office begins accepting FAFSA and Need Access
• Feb. 14 – Priority FAFSA filing deadline
• March 1 – Financial Aid awarding via Student Info System (SIS) begins
• March 20-21 – Admitted student open house
• April 21 – Initial deposit deadline (Link to make deposit)
• June 16 – Second deposit deadline (Link to make deposit)
• Mid-July – Fall semester bills distributed
• Mid-August – Fall semester bill payment due
• Aug. 18 – 1L orientation
• Aug. 31 – New student health forms due
UVA Law Application wrote:If I am offered admission through the Binding Expedited Decision option, I will pay the non-refundable seat deposit ($1,000) within 15 days of receipt of the offer of admission.
- • All students are required to have health insurance either through a parent or independently.
• Students will receive information regarding the official UVA plan in July from the Law School.
• Enrollment deadline under the official UVA students plan is October 1st.
• The UVA-endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is offered through The Chickering Group
- • All students who wish to be considered for financial aid must complete the Need Access Application.
• FAFSA Suggested Filing Date for Entering Students: February 20, 2013.
• Link to FAFSA.
• List of External Scholarships
UVA wrote:Applicants who wish to be considered for awards from scholarship funds for which financial need is also a criterion should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
UVA wrote:All applicants accepted for admission are considered for merit-based scholarship assistance. No separate application is required.
- • March 20-21, 2014 (More information to follow)
- • University of Virginia Housing Office ((434) 924-6873).
• Housing is available in the Range for single students.
• Housing is available in University Gardens and Copeley Hill for married students or students with families.
• There are a few options for off-grounds housing resources including:
- • Law & Darden Off-Grounds Housing Site
• The Off-Grounds Housing Office
• Monticello Avenue Housing Page
• The classifieds can also be a valuable resource at:
- • Flex Dollars are a good substitute for carrying cash and saves you money by not charging sales tax on any food purchase. The initial deposit is $200 and you may add funds by visiting theFlex Account Registration and UVA Dining site.
• Sidley Austin Café is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Greenberry's Coffee Bar is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Stone Dining Room is open Monday through Friday 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. for reservations call (434) 243-8921
• Off-Grounds Dining
- • Shopping Centers
• Drug Stores
• Book Stores
• Dry Cleaning & Laundry
• Post Offices
• And, most importantly, Sporting Goods to go pick up your new softball bat.
• And many, many more.
Things To Do
- • Art Galleries & Museums
• Day & Evening Activities
• Historical Sites
• Camping & Hiking
• Civil War Sites
• Performing Arts
• Sports & Recreation
UVA Law Class of 2017 FaceBook Page