Georgetown Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
5%
Civ Pro
35%
Torts
10%
Con Law
5%
Crim
No votes
LRW
10%
I'm in §3...
35%

Total votes: 20

mraemorris

New

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Post by mraemorris » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:13 pm

ohhdear wrote:
SoCal_Stripe wrote:
waddle wrote:Has anyone's tracker actually updated saying Georgetown received the official undergrad transcript? May 1 is coming up, and I'm seeing notta
Mine has
So has mine.
What does it look like after they're received? Mine has both the Dean's Cert form and Transcript listed under requirements, but the red box is blank... (so I'm thinking they haven't been received)

waddle

New

Post by waddle » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Ahh.. mine just updated. The checkboxes are checked for me.

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:27 pm

waddle wrote:Ahh.. mine just updated. The checkboxes are checked for me.
Thanks dude... I actually just called and confirmed that they hadn't received mine yet, but they said to send them an email and let them know they should've been mailed already (they have a lot of people in this situation).

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 pm

waddle wrote:Has anyone's tracker actually updated saying Georgetown received the official undergrad transcript? May 1 is coming up, and I'm seeing notta
Yeah, mine updated too. I think it took about a week from when my UG said they sent it out.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the whole Curriculum A versus B? I'm not seeing anything particularly enticing about B, so I'll probably stick with the default.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:42 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the whole Curriculum A versus B? I'm not seeing anything particularly enticing about B, so I'll probably stick with the default.
Ditto.

nicholasavallone

New

Post by nicholasavallone » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:03 pm

I stayed with a Curriculum B student who absolutely loved it, went out on Admitted Students weekend with a bunch of people from the section. They all claimed to be having a great time, loving the people they were with, and were really trying hard to sell B. Consensus from them and around TLS seems to be that B is a bit more reading, but the section is also a bit closer socially than the others (though how'd people be speaking from experience there, no idea). Definitely gave me stuff to think about, especially coming from a liberal arts background, which B seems to emphasize.

essyct

New

Post by essyct » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Hey, guys! I haven't posted in here yet but I'm pretty sure I will officially be joining you all in the Fall!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:03 pm

nicholasavallone wrote:I stayed with a Curriculum B student who absolutely loved it, went out on Admitted Students weekend with a bunch of people from the section. They all claimed to be having a great time, loving the people they were with, and were really trying hard to sell B. Consensus from them and around TLS seems to be that B is a bit more reading, but the section is also a bit closer socially than the others (though how'd people be speaking from experience there, no idea). Definitely gave me stuff to think about, especially coming from a liberal arts background, which B seems to emphasize.
I'd like to hear more about the ASW! I didn't get a chance to go and would love to hear impressions of it/ what I missed?!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

theotherone823

Bronze

Post by theotherone823 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 am

Deposited on Friday!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 am

theotherone823 wrote:Deposited on Friday!
Congrats! Post on the stickied C/O 2017 Thread and shoot me a PM if you want in on the TLS FB group!

nicholasavallone

New

Post by nicholasavallone » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 am

JustHawkin wrote: I'd like to hear more about the ASW! I didn't get a chance to go and would love to hear impressions of it/ what I missed?!
It was pretty great, honestly it probably made the difference between Georgetown and Vanderbilt to me. They had a faculty moot that was awesome to watch, and the program was geared around what made Georgetown special (Supreme Court Institute, ect). All the students I talked to were really happy with their choice, and while a couple were pretty gunnerish, I think that's to be expected anywhere in the T14. Vanderbilt seemed like an awesome social place, but Georgetown's ASW was so much more organized when it came to the academic side of things. Their keynote speaker my weekend (January) was fantastic, and the panels were really useful. I know the LRAP program gets a lot of crap here and other places, but the financial aid presentation made me feel a lot better about options coming out.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 am

nicholasavallone wrote:
JustHawkin wrote: I'd like to hear more about the ASW! I didn't get a chance to go and would love to hear impressions of it/ what I missed?!
It was pretty great, honestly it probably made the difference between Georgetown and Vanderbilt to me. They had a faculty moot that was awesome to watch, and the program was geared around what made Georgetown special (Supreme Court Institute, ect). All the students I talked to were really happy with their choice, and while a couple were pretty gunnerish, I think that's to be expected anywhere in the T14. Vanderbilt seemed like an awesome social place, but Georgetown's ASW was so much more organized when it came to the academic side of things. Their keynote speaker my weekend (January) was fantastic, and the panels were really useful. I know the LRAP program gets a lot of crap here and other places, but the financial aid presentation made me feel a lot better about options coming out.
Damn, that's awesome! I wish I could have made it! Because that was my other top choice, I went to Vanderbilt's and actually really loved it (albeit, mostly for reasons outside of academics), so that makes me feel ALOT better about my decision.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kath1529

New

Post by Kath1529 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:41 pm

I have been radio silent on this thread thus far but I just accepted my scholarship and submitted my deposit/intent to enroll. Looking forward to joining you all in DC this fall!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Kath1529 wrote:I have been radio silent on this thread thus far but I just accepted my scholarship and submitted my deposit/intent to enroll. Looking forward to joining you all in DC this fall!
Woo Hoo! Everyone is pouring in around the deadline!
8)

Ambi-Turner

Bronze

Post by Ambi-Turner » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Quick question for those of you who have negotiated schollies: I requested one and got one, and am now looking to negotiate it up a bit. Can anyone who negotiated a scholly shoot me a pm with their strategy? Thanks!

Also, re: Curriculum B: Everyone who I talked to about it loved it, but it seemed that the people who chose to be in Section 3 were the types who generally enjoy learning. They said that it's less reading about specific cases, and more about theory, so if that appeals to you, I would definitely consider it. Also, if you want public interest, I'd definitely go for it, since you're going to get a lot of like-minded people there.

Glasseyes

Silver

Post by Glasseyes » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Woo! Poked the admissions office enough and they finally reached out with a scholly offer! Not a life-changing sum, but I'm stoked anyway.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 pm

[delete]
Last edited by cactusflower on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:18 am

Fellow Future Hoyas:

OP has been updated. Check it out! If you feel there is pertinent information that is missing, feel free to voice your concerns. I'll do my best to keep it all inclusive.

Also, if you guys want to start a poll, shoot out ideas!

linkx13

Bronze

Post by linkx13 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 am

JustHawkin wrote:Fellow Future Hoyas:

OP has been updated. Check it out! If you feel there is pertinent information that is missing, feel free to voice your concerns. I'll do my best to keep it all inclusive.

Also, if you guys want to start a poll, shoot out ideas!
Poll about on campus vs off campus living!

Deadline for the housing application is the 12th.

Also, some other links might be helpful:

https://myaccess.georgetown.edu/pls/bni ... P_WWWLogin (MyAccess site for financial aid etc)

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissio ... status.cfm
(application status site for dean's certification and transcript checks)

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:21 am

[delete]
Last edited by cactusflower on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 am

linkx13 wrote: Poll about on campus vs off campus living!

Deadline for the housing application is the 12th.

Also, some other links might be helpful:

https://myaccess.georgetown.edu/pls/bni ... P_WWWLogin (MyAccess site for financial aid etc)

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissio ... status.cfm
(application status site for dean's certification and transcript checks)
Great suggestions! I'll get on it when work slows down!!

Ambi-Turner

Bronze

Post by Ambi-Turner » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 am

cactusflower wrote:So, my friend from college will be attending GW Law in the fall, and the two of us are thinking of living together in DC.

Does anyone one of any good apartment complexes that would be close to halfway between the two schools? According to Google Maps, the two schools are 1.8 miles apart.

Thanks!
Halfway between is going to be around Logan Circle, which is pretty insanely expensive unfortunately. I would maybe look on the Hill, because it's close to GULC, but also on the Blue/Orange line of the metro, so it would be an easy commute for your friend to get to GW. Sadly, the Hill doesn't have a ton of nice apartment complexes, because there hasn't been a need to gentrify up there for a while. Craigslist is going to be your best friend.

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

cactusflower wrote:So, my friend from college will be attending GW Law in the fall, and the two of us are thinking of living together in DC.

Does anyone one of any good apartment complexes that would be close to halfway between the two schools? According to Google Maps, the two schools are 1.8 miles apart.

Thanks!
Massachusetts House & 1500 Mass are both priced similarly to apartments near GULC; I think Bernstein properties has a couple on Mass or near Mass that are similarly priced. I think there are also some cool places as you head north on 14th, but the further north you go, the further you get from both schools.

samblackbones

New

Post by samblackbones » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Seat deposit in. I'm thinking gerwiz or however you spellbit simply because an hour less commuting is an hour more to do something else. Anyone know if it is okay for law students to adopt the Hoyas as an NCAA team? Athletics at my ug sucked . . . Also any other so cal people headed to g town?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”