How to update applications?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How to update applications?

Postby 90LawSchool » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 am

How do you update applications to judges who do not have an email on OSCAR? Is it ok to send the update snail mail even if they do not take paper apps?

Or should I send the update to an email I find for the judge on the court's website?

Also, what if the judge says "do not contact chambers"? Is it still appropriate to send an update?

Re: How to update applications?

Postby legalese_retard » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:03 am

I would just send your resume via snail mail. In your cover letter, explain that you previously submitted your application on OSCAR, but you needed to amend your resume for whatever reason. You can also point out that you are mailing it because of the court's preference that you do not contact them, but you are happy to email a copy if requested.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”