Clerkship chances--flyover COA? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship chances--flyover COA?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:49 am

My credentials (3L):

Top 15% at DCNG
Senior post (non-EIC) on secondary journal
V5 (NY office)
Three solid recommendations from professors

I'd really like to clerk for an appellate judge--don't really care where, just think I would enjoy it more.

I realize I am probably borderline at best, but what can I do to improve my chances?

Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: Clerkship chances--flyover COA?

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what can I do to improve my chances?
Discuss with any of the professors whether they know about specific judges moving (to sniff out whether they have personal relationships with any CoA judges) and/or would be willing to place calls with the judge.

Wholigan

Silver

Re: Clerkship chances--flyover COA?

Post by Wholigan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:what can I do to improve my chances?
Discuss with any of the professors whether they know about specific judges moving (to sniff out whether they have personal relationships with any CoA judges) and/or would be willing to place calls with the judge.
If you want to improve your chances at a flyover COA, you also could try to get a flyover district clerkship first.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”