UVA Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
ctmx

New

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Post by ctmx » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:39 am

Hspeaksfriend wrote:Just signed my lease for the Jeffersonian. Really excited now!
you've heard back from them? What waitlist number were you if you dont mind me asking

Hspeaksfriend

New

Post by Hspeaksfriend » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Last edited by Hspeaksfriend on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctmx

New

Post by ctmx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:24 am

Hspeaksfriend wrote:
ctmx wrote:
Hspeaksfriend wrote:Just signed my lease for the Jeffersonian. Really excited now!
you've heard back from them? What waitlist number were you if you dont mind me asking
thanks.

Are we supposed to fill out the Financial aid web app on SIS in addition to needaccess right now? I ask because the email I got stated that we need to fill out our fafsa + needacess, but doesnt mention anything about the financial aid app form on SIS

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Anyone check out the thing on the UVA site that has access to housing options? How complete is that?

digifly

Silver

Post by digifly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

ctmx wrote:
Hspeaksfriend wrote:
ctmx wrote:
thanks.

Are we supposed to fill out the Financial aid web app on SIS in addition to needaccess right now? I ask because the email I got stated that we need to fill out our fafsa + needacess, but doesnt mention anything about the financial aid app form on SIS
There's another form somewhere? :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

az21833

Silver

Post by az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm

still no word of finaid training or seminar or whatever they were calling it right

BSC

Bronze

Post by BSC » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Quick question: There's an alumni reception in my city next wednesday that admitted students are invited to. Should I attend? I don't know anyone else going, and I don't really know what this is. Anyone have experience with this?

MrHairyLegs

New

Post by MrHairyLegs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 pm

If anyone wants more info on ASW logistics here it is --> --LinkRemoved--

kingjones59

Bronze

Post by kingjones59 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

MrHairyLegs wrote:If anyone wants more info on ASW logistics here it is --> --LinkRemoved--
Just booked my flight. pumped

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

digifly

Silver

Post by digifly » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:45 pm

kingjones59 wrote:
MrHairyLegs wrote:If anyone wants more info on ASW logistics here it is --> --LinkRemoved--
Just booked my flight. pumped
Gotta do that this weekend!

bandersnatch

New

Post by bandersnatch » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Got this info from the financial aid office regarding the financial aid application on SIS:
The Law School does not use the University Financial Aid Application (UFAA) online web form. All you need to complete for consideration of aid is the FAFSA and Need Access. We anticipate our review process and financial aid award notifications to begin sometime in March. You will receive an email communication from the Director when your financial aid has been packaged and is available for you to view on SIS.
Hope this is helpful.

Hspeaksfriend

New

Post by Hspeaksfriend » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Does anyone know when we actually receive the loans?

Bree99

New

Post by Bree99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Loans (federal) come in around the 1st week of class give or take a few days.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am

Just as a Jeffersonian update. I want contacted about signing a lease ( number 16 on wl) and she sent me all the available apartments and there were 2 one bedrooms and 6 two bedroom left. I am signing a lease for a two bedroom (tbh tho I might be putting it back into play) so do the math on what is left.

noobishned

New

Post by noobishned » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

ctmx wrote: Are we supposed to fill out the Financial aid web app on SIS in addition to needaccess right now? I ask because the email I got stated that we need to fill out our fafsa + needacess, but doesnt mention anything about the financial aid app form on SIS
Did you find an answer to this? I guess since the email didn't mention it, we shouldn't worry about it? Why would it not mention it after mentioning the other two?

ctmx

New

Post by ctmx » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:41 pm

bandersnatch wrote:Got this info from the financial aid office regarding the financial aid application on SIS:
The Law School does not use the University Financial Aid Application (UFAA) online web form. All you need to complete for consideration of aid is the FAFSA and Need Access. We anticipate our review process and financial aid award notifications to begin sometime in March. You will receive an email communication from the Director when your financial aid has been packaged and is available for you to view on SIS.
Hope this is helpful.
sorry was out of town for a bit, bandersnatch posted an answer to my question. thanks!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 am

Financial aid wise, I was told that (loan) packages/offers should start rolling out in March sometime (possibly before ASD). Dean Richard said to check back in April for possible scholarship money.

On another note, anyone else hear back from the Jeffersonian? I'm pretty far down the list and need to know if I should be looking for a place while I'm down in March.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am

shadowofjazz wrote:Financial aid wise, I was told that (loan) packages/offers should start rolling out in March sometime (possibly before ASD). Dean Richard said to check back in April for possible scholarship money.

On another note, anyone else hear back from the Jeffersonian? I'm pretty far down the list and need to know if I should be looking for a place while I'm down in March.

What all did we need for Financial aid? I filled out Needaccess and Fafsa? Was there any kind of scholarship or extra form? Seems like every day I find some new form to fill out for a school's aid.

Also I posted about the Jeffersonian a couple posts up. I am signing my lease today. I am not sure I will be using the apartment and if not there will be another two bedroom back on the list around the end of April but if I do use it I will need a roommate as well.

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 am

Gisney wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:Financial aid wise, I was told that (loan) packages/offers should start rolling out in March sometime (possibly before ASD). Dean Richard said to check back in April for possible scholarship money.

What all did we need for Financial aid? I filled out Needaccess and Fafsa? Was there any kind of scholarship or extra form? Seems like every day I find some new form to fill out for a school's aid.

Also I posted about the Jeffersonian a couple posts up. I am signing my lease today. I am not sure I will be using the apartment and if not there will be another two bedroom back on the list around the end of April but if I do use it I will need a roommate as well.
Just the FAFSA and the Need Access. I accidentally submitted the UFAA too before they removed it from being required. They don't seem to use it for the law school anymore.

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
Gisney wrote:

Just the FAFSA and the Need Access. I accidentally submitted the UFAA too before they removed it from being required. They don't seem to use it for the law school anymore.
Just heard back from the Jeffersonian (37th on the waitlist) for a 1 bedroom unfurnished. They will only have one of those left after me.

digifly

Silver

Post by digifly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

If we have to check back in April for scholarships, doesn't that mean we will have to withdraw from the other schools that could've been bargaining chips?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 pm

digifly wrote:If we have to check back in April for scholarships, doesn't that mean we will have to withdraw from the other schools that could've been bargaining chips?
I should have prefaced: Dean Richard told me, an ED acceptee, to check back in April. If you have leverage of any sort you can probably contact them sooner to negotiate.

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Speaking of financial aid, do you guys know about how much CoL we get to finance? Does it vary per person? I have a car payment and a few other bills, and I'm trying to figure out how much I'll have left for rent.

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:Speaking of financial aid, do you guys know about how much CoL we get to finance? Does it vary per person? I have a car payment and a few other bills, and I'm trying to figure out how much I'll have left for rent.
UVA Law Financial Aid Website wrote: However, it is important for students to understand that their financial aid packages generally cannot exceed the total cost of attendance budget in any given year.
UVA Law Financial Aid Website wrote:J.D. Program, 2012-13 School Year
Living Expenses:
Fine. If no one else will Google it for me, I will just Google it myself.

Seriously though, is that for the calendar year? I'm gonna need a roommate or three.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm

I can't say I've ever heard of a person who maxed out on loans and was desperately searching around for money. Charlottesville is mad cheap. I come in way under the projected COL every year.

For my first year, I took out maybe 10k total for living expenses and was fine. I didn't have car payments or anything, though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”