How competitive is it to get into international arbitration at a big law firm? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FriendlyCereal

New

How competitive is it to get into international arbitration at a big law firm?

Post by FriendlyCereal » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:10 am

I'm a 1L student who's attended a few talks about the practice, and there's a few professors at my school who are experts in the field. The work seems interesting, and I'm thinking about asking these professors for a chat about their previous experience to find out more. But I don't want to waste their time if it turns out that I have no chance at breaking into this field, especially as a KJD with no second language proficiency.

Does anyone have any anecdotes or knowledge of how competitive this field is to get into? I'm not aiming for the best of the best in the practice, but would like to work at a big law firm. For context, my first semester grades put me in the top 1/3 at my mid-to-lower-tier T14. Thank you!!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: How competitive is it to get into international arbitration at a big law firm?

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:11 pm

You are competitive. Just be open to different practice groups in case you don't get it, but you're competitive. It also has terrible hours- just a heads up.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”