New name for the George Mason law school? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tlsadmin3

New name for the George Mason law school?

Post by tlsadmin3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Would you like to see your law school’s name changed? Northern Virginia Representative Gerry Connolly wants to rename George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School. Connolly wants to change Antonin Scalia Law School to the Scalia-Ginsburg School of Law. This would honor the two late Supreme Court justices, RBG and Antonin Scalia. Do you think that George Mason University should make this change to their law school’s name?

Barrred

Bronze

Re: New name for the George Mason law school?

Post by Barrred » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 pm

This mod of all people should know that the Ginsburg School of Law already exists at Princeton (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307266). They even offer a specialization in "starting political debates on TLS"

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 pm

No - I think law schools should change their names only in exchange for massive donations to their endowments, preferably so large that only massive multinational corporations would realistically be in the running. I dream of a world where every law degree in America has the DORITOS(R) logo somewhere on it.

kinge

New

Post by kinge » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:10 am

mjb447 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 pm
No - I think law schools should change their names only in exchange for massive donations to their endowments, preferably so large that only massive multinational corporations would realistically be in the running. I dream of a world where every law degree in America has the DORITOS(R) logo somewhere on it.
2040 law school boards will be like "Exxon-Mobile with $$$$ or McDonald's at sticker?"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”