What do I do?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

What do I do?

Postby goodman1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 pm

I am top 20 percent at T45-50. Also a 2L. I don't have biglaw lined up or anything, but it would be great. I know the ship has sailed and what not.. but please don't bring it up.

My question is who would hire me? I don't even know how file a lawsuit, or what court to file in at this point in my "law career.' I am guessing most law students don't know either because these schools just don't teach us. I get so paranoid at the thought of filing a lawsuit because I don't know where to begin. I don't even know how to subpoena records and all of that. Should I be worried about this at all? When will I learn where to file (the best court) and how to file? I need to know this to be employable I feel. Do most law student know all of this stuff? When will I learn all of this.. gosh!

A. Nony Mouse

Re: What do I do?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:58 pm

No, law students don't know this. You will learn this on the job. Employers aren't hiring new associates expecting them to know the local court procedures.

Re: What do I do?

Postby EzraFitz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:20 am

Learn how to write and speak coherently so you can have a strong app and interview well. When you crush that, you'll learn everything you need to know on the job.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”