Definition of "Standard of Review" Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nebby

Diamond

Re: Definition of "Standard of Review"

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 pm

My preliminary research on almost any topic is Wikipedia. It's legit.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:My preliminary research on almost any topic is Wikipedia. It's legit.
A properly sourced wiki article is awesome. Then you can just look up all the listed sources yourself. :P

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:My preliminary research on almost any topic is Wikipedia. It's legit.
A properly sourced wiki article is awesome. Then you can just look up all the listed sources yourself. :P
Yep, the sources are legit.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
BUT IT'S NOT PEER REVIEWED

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:42 pm

fats provolone wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Wouldn't the open sourced concept of Wikipedia make it peer reviewed by definition?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:53 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
fats provolone wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Wouldn't the open sourced concept of Wikipedia make it peer reviewed by definition?
Yeah, in the same way having your peer review a paper before you submit it means that paper is peer reviewed.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:56 pm

JackOfAllTrades wrote:Thanks dude! I'll be sure to cite to this Wikipedia page for my next legal writing assignment!
So what, you were going to cite my response instead? No one suggested you should cite wikipedia.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Bildungsroman wrote: Yeah, in the same way having your peer review a paper before you submit it means that paper is peer reviewed.
Woosh!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
JackOfAllTrades wrote:Thanks dude! I'll be sure to cite to this Wikipedia page for my next legal writing assignment!
So what, you were going to cite my response instead? No one suggested you should cite wikipedia.
A. Nony Mouse, Definition of "Standard of Review", TOP-LAW-SCHOOLS (Jan. 24, 2015, 6:01 PM), http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1#p8335540.

Seems legit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:04 pm

JackOfAllTrades wrote:
BVest wrote:BTW
JackOfAllTrades wrote: Law students have access to libraries, which have treatises and other supplemental, peer-reviewed material.
Yeah, so get your ass to the library and read a treatise about SOR rather than lazily posting the question for other people to do your law school studying for you.

Maybe you missed my original post, where I explicitly stated that I consulted several references, and couldn't find a good answer.

Reading comprehension!
Then read more you stupid twat.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 pm

JackOfAllTrades wrote:Thanks to A Nony Mouse, who actually read my question and gave me a good answer.

To the others who recommended "Wikipedia," not only did you not answer my question (which was about Std of Review as it relates to *CONSTITUTIONAL law*), but you also gave very bad advice.

Law students have access to libraries, which have treatises and other supplemental, peer-reviewed material.

Wikipedia is basically a glorified comments-section, where anyone can edit articles.

Don't EVER suggest future lawyers go get their information from Wikipedia.

You know better than that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douchebag

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:53 pm

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Alright, I think this has run its course. OP, don't make threads asking for help and then insult the people who give their help. And grow up, because your behavior ITT embodies all the worst characteristics of the most insufferable members of the legal profession.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”