Sooo this just happened Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Re: Sooo this just happened

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 pm

well dean was not there; so now ima wait til thursday to talk to him.......lets see what happens; anyone have any other ideas? please help me out....

It's A Lion

Gold

Post by It's A Lion » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Ask the dean if you can perform community service for the school (e.g., attend accepted student events, clean bathrooms, painting, mopping, etc.).

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 pm

It's A Lion wrote:Ask the dean if you can perform community service for the school (e.g., attend accepted student events, clean bathrooms, painting, mopping, etc.).
are you serious??????? you've got to be kidding me....

It's A Lion

Gold

Post by It's A Lion » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Worth it if you want to graduate on time, no?

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

It's A Lion wrote:Worth it if you want to graduate on time, no?
guess you got a point there; lets see what happens when i talk to him......i was thinking about just straight scaring him and telling him ima take legal action against the school, and see if he budges or something.......i dont know, i guess well find out soon enough.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

secondshot

New

Post by secondshot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:14 pm

StoNeyPoiNt21 wrote:i was thinking about just straight scaring him and telling him ima take legal action against the school, and see if he budges or something
Yes. Please do this.

BigRob

Bronze

Post by BigRob » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm

ITT: People new to the internet don't recognize the most blatant troll I've seen in my life.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 am

BigRob wrote:ITT: People new to the internet don't recognize the most blatant troll I've seen in my life.
no doubt.

Please stop this thread.

Notice the increasing inability for OP to speak. (see first post, then the rest..)

He is basically turning into Jar Jar Binks at this point.

No one liked Jar Jar Binks.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:11 am

Pls be real I need this

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am

sublime wrote: 1. You don't know how he speaks. Believe it or not, most people don't speak/act/write in the same way irl that they do online.
There's "I'm typing on my phone and there are a few spelling errors, but fuck it, whatever" type writing, and then there is "I'm straight up going to murder the English language with a shovel." The first isn't really indicative of someone's intelligence, but the second one sure is.

Please be real, OP.

It's A Lion

Gold

Post by It's A Lion » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

How are you going to execute? Method is probably important when making threats. Are you better on your feet, going in cold?

Are you going to offer to do community service if the dean does not back down? Perhaps you could clean bathrooms and offer to be his research assistant. Graduate on time with a letter of recommendation from the dean!

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:55 pm

I think the biggest argument for this not being real is the fact that ATL hasn't acted on it yet (probably indicating that OP never gave them the story, the way he said he did...alternatively, they may have done a bit of research and found this not credible). Thoughts?

Lockfast

New

Post by Lockfast » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 am

Does ATL care about CBE schools?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:31 am

Lockfast wrote:Does ATL care about CBE schools?
CBE?

PepperJack

Silver

Post by PepperJack » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:05 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:I think the biggest argument for this not being real is the fact that ATL hasn't acted on it yet (probably indicating that OP never gave them the story, the way he said he did...alternatively, they may have done a bit of research and found this not credible). Thoughts?
It's pretty obvious when they wouldn't. How pathetic was it when someone trolled a crazy recruiting system, and they made a cover article on it (brought in all their big guns) They kind of lost any credibility beyond "Legal Field Bloopers". It probably feels bad to go to Harvard Law and devote your life to essentially becoming a law school paraparazzi with no journalistic credibility. I mean, to not even try to PM or have any relationship with the storyteller but just blindly post it under the guise of "no expectation to privacy" is pathetically poor judgment. They might be changing course.

If this is rule suing the school won't work. This whole issue started because of your publicizing a simple conflict. You're essentially wanting to become more aggressive with the same faulty behavioral pattern. You can't really big league your way out of it. If it says that in the handbook you have a weaker argument than those kids did with schools affirmatively misrepresenting their employment data. You're essentially asking to get rid of a contract because of a failure to read or protected speech (I don't know if slander is free speech). These aren't winning arguments. I'd also imagine they want you to get the degree, but are probably not going to let you fight your way out of this. You might also need a lawyer whose not subjective in this.

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 am

so, they had an answer for me. i talked to the vice dean, he said that he changed the punishment, and i should get a letter by this next week in the mail. lets see what they ended up doing.....hopefully my diploma wont be deferred and we can just move on......

It's A Lion

Gold

Post by It's A Lion » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 am

So, did you threaten the school during your meeting, or what?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 am

It's A Lion wrote:So, did you threaten the school during your meeting, or what?
negative child

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 am

StoNeyPoiNt21

New

Post by StoNeyPoiNt21 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 pm

So I graduated about a month ago, and low and behold I got my JD, when they called each students name to walk the stage and stuff...........My school is retarded I swear, they first said 6 months, they brought it down to 3 months once I appealed, and they didnt withold it for shit. LOL. Now all I gotta worry about is the Bar in February.......

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”