Informational Meetings with Attorneys

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Informational Meetings with Attorneys

Postby nickb285 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Crossposting from the Legal Employment thread, since this might be a better spot for it. Mods feel free to delete one or the other if necessary.

I'm meeting with a few attorneys in my home market over the break to do a sort of "tell me about your job" thing. These are people my parents have worked with or I otherwise had some connection to. One is a partner at a large regional firm, others are in-house counsel or similar. It's not a job interview situation, but obviously if I happen to hit it off with one of them it could lead to an interview or at least notice of an opening at some point, plus some of them work with my parents, so I don't want to come across as a jackass. I have a few questions in mind, but thought I'd see what sorts of things other people generally asked in this sort of situation.

Re: Informational Meetings with Attorneys

Postby gdane » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Don't interrogate them. Just have a conversation and let things flow. Talk about how they made it where they are today, talk about sports, be receptive to any advice they give you. Be fun.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”