Becoming a 1L Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
shifty_eyed

Gold

Re: Becoming a 1L

Post by shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Lumieres wrote:Ok, thanks.

On a side note, I can't imagine what the 1Ls with scholly stips of top half or top 2/3 are feeling right now...
Confident in their special snowflakiness.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Lumieres wrote:Ok, thanks.

On a side note, I can't imagine what the 1Ls with scholly stips of top half or top 2/3 are feeling right now...
Confident in their special snowflakiness.
Yeah those people have no idea what's coming. Scholarship doesn't mean crud.

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:Protip: your SOLE focus from day número uno should be the final exam... If what you are doing wont help you on the final, then stop and do something else.

And... Relax. I did not study past 6 or 7pm until the month before finals. I was lax as fuck during the semester and it helped me stay sane while people around me were losing their minds. YMMV.
I agree. The trap with LS is people feel lost right away and start staying in the library late for no reason. You shouldn't be working like crazy until November.
As a dude who made top 5% and all A's his first semester, imo the best approach is to treat law school like a normal day job until a few weeks before finals, i.e. put in about 8-10 hours of work a day, including classes, until things start heating up toward the end of the semester. Slow and steady work is best for mastery.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:Protip: your SOLE focus from day número uno should be the final exam... If what you are doing wont help you on the final, then stop and do something else.

And... Relax. I did not study past 6 or 7pm until the month before finals. I was lax as fuck during the semester and it helped me stay sane while people around me were losing their minds. YMMV.
I agree. The trap with LS is people feel lost right away and start staying in the library late for no reason. You shouldn't be working like crazy until November.
As a dude who made top 5% and all A's his first semester, imo the best approach is to treat law school like a normal day job until a few weeks before finals, i.e. put in about 8-10 hours of work a day, including classes, until things start heating up toward the end of the semester. Slow and steady work is best for mastery.
At a TTT? T1? T14? T6? YHS?

Sounds like an awesome strategy, I just wanna make sure I know where this anecdote was successful

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:34 pm

blsingindisguise wrote: As a dude who made top 5% and all A's his first semester, imo the best approach is to treat law school like a normal day job until a few weeks before finals, i.e. put in about 8-10 hours of work a day, including classes, until things start heating up toward the end of the semester. Slow and steady work is best for mastery.
To be honest even this is probably overkill. I didn't put in a 40 hour week until November. But even without class on Fridays I always put in 2-4 hours each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so that the following week wouldn't be too stressful. Grind a little each day and the overall experience will be very tolerable, and most importantly you'll be rested and ready at the end.

But I also didn't get straight A's so maybe I should have done a tad more haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”