Is Barbri Intentionally Harder than the Bar? (NY)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
acore8604

Is Barbri Intentionally Harder than the Bar? (NY)

Postby acore8604 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

I've been studying Barbri's materials pretty heavily and I'm beginning to think Barbri is intentionally and significantly cranking up the difficulty. They swear that all you'll really need to pass is in the lecture notes but then the MC and essays frequently invoke issues well beyond the scope of the class lectures. Second, often the submitted essays are graded very harshly. I get comments like "great job" and then get a 5 which is according to Barbri barely a passing grade. One time I even copied a model answer from the key for one question and got 1 point when the model answer was worth 3. My recent MPT was virtually indistinguishable from the model answer in all major components and all I got was a 5.

I was a great law student at a t14 school and I'm left with two conclusions, 1) either I am barely treading water on this and the Bar really is a nearly impossible exam or 2) Barbri intentionally makes the bar seem harder to motivate you and cover their asses.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Joe Quincy

Re: Is Barbri Intentionally Harder than the Bar? (NY)

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Uh, yes? This is common knowledge and the subject of several threads on here already.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”