Exam Prep Help? Fed Courts, 5 days.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Exam Prep Help? Fed Courts, 5 days.

Postby summerchild » Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Looking for exam prep advice. Made the mistake of loading my semester with bar classes, so I'll only really have 5 solid days to study for Fed Courts. What should I do to be best prepared for the exam? At this point, I have no illusions about my chances for a good grade, but if I could pull a B out of my ass, I'd be super happy.

Here's what I have available to me:
-120 pages of lecture notes, of which I remember nothing; no outline
-two pretty 'meh' old outlines from the same prof
-supplements, supplements, supplements (I've got Chem, Freer, Pfander, and E&E, which was farkin overkill. I obviously freaked out and went amazon-crazy. I thought I'd have more time to actually use them, but goddamn journal board...)

I know I'll definitely need to go through these model answers and shit. But anyone who's taken this class have advice on the best way to make use of the 5 days that I've got? Should I just dump the supplements and pore through my notes?

The end is so close I can smell it. And it smells like a beer.
Last edited by summerchild on Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Exam Prep Help? Fed Courts, 5 days.

Postby escapefrom » Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Assuming that you're not studying with other people:

1. Spend one day to two days merging your notes with the outlines you have. Spend closer to two days if you can bring the outline into your exam. Add in information from ONE of the supplements (you do not need four of them).
2. Use that mega outline to take the practice exams. Write them out, or at least create detailed outlines of your answer. Go over each essay, comparing it to the model answers carefully. Augment your outline to add in information that you have forgotten.
3. Get at least one more practice exam and model answer, if you can.

That's it. I already had an outline when I started studying a week before Fed Courts, and I focused mostly on taking practice exams. Each day, I took one and compared it carefully to the model answers. Despite never fully understanding this material during the semester, I got an A on the exam.

Good luck! You can do it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”