EE phd patent law prospects

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

EE phd patent law prospects

Postby alkaseltzer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

Last edited by alkaseltzer on Tue May 20, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: EE phd patent law prospects

Postby jmjm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:37 pm

alkaseltzer wrote:Hey Im about to graduate from a top ee phd program (one of top three) and am very interested in pursuing patent law. Ive read cases and am pretty confident my ugpa will get me into one of the T14 schools. However, I dont have a green card. Is it likely that I can find a firm to sponsor my green card and if I do how long does it take? Thanks.

I'm not a law student, but the length of time also depends on the category of green card application and your current nationality. It appears that you go to one of caltech, mit, stan, or berkeley. You may be also be eligible for faster green card processing if you have a strong track record of publications and accomplishments.
If you ugpa is from an international university, then it wouldn't translate to LSAC gpa as-is. LSAC evaluates foreign transcripts on a different scale. However, US university grading system is much more lenient compared to several reputable International engineering schools. So, if your gpa falls in the range of american gpas typically accepted at T-14, it would most likely be evaluated as superior by CAS. Feel free to pm if any questions.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”