Correct Answers to get a 75 on the MPRE

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blong4133

Correct Answers to get a 75 on the MPRE

Postby blong4133 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Just curious if anyone knows the approximate number of correct answers to score a 75 on the MPRE. I plan on practicing in West Virginia, and I'm not taking any MPRE course (I took PR first semester of last year, but it is the lowest grade I've gotten in law school...I hated the class, and after I was called on early in the year, I basically stopped reading...still took notes but did no work outside of class).

I've been studying off and on for about 2 weeks (usually just reading a page or two out of my barbri outline), but I've been hitting the books hard for only about 2 days. I feel like I know most of the material so it's just a review...but I'm still a little worried about the test.

But WV requires a 75 to pass. I've heard people throwing around 32-36 correct answers should get you a passing score...so is 32 about what it would take? I know it's a scaled score and varies...but I just want to get an idea of what I need to do.

I haven't taken any practice tests yet...yesterday I went through my Law in a Flash, and tomorrow I plan on starting the practice tests...I've got 2 in my barbri book, one in my kaplan book (which I've not used to study) and a bunch of practice questions on top of my flash cards. But are the practice tests in the barbri and kaplan books pretty good examples of the test? IF I do well or poorly on those, is that a pretty good indicator of how I'll do on the real thing?

I know a lot of people push off this test, but I know people who have failed it...but I don't know how they studied for it. And like I said, I didn't do particularly well in my PR class.

I.P. Daly

Re: Correct Answers to get a 75 on the MPRE

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”