USPTO Registration Materials Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LA1001

New

USPTO Registration Materials

Post by LA1001 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Sent in my PTO application and also moved apartments for the summer for my SA gig. Although I had my mail forwarded, for some reason the mail from the PTO didn't get forwarded and ended up at my old apartment. The girl that's subletting forwarded the mail to me 8 days ago but I still haven't received it?

Any advice or tips on what I should do? Does anyone know how I can contact the PTO and ask them to resend the letter to my new address?

yuzu

Bronze

Re: USPTO Registration Materials

Post by yuzu » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:00 pm

You can contact the USPTO OED at 571-272-4097 and I imagine they'd resend whatever you need.

Which application did you send in, the initial one to sign up for the exam or the final one for registration?
If the first application, the mail probably included an "eligibility ID" that you need to sign up for the Prometric appointment; you might want to ask for this code over the phone so you can sign up for an appointment without delay (test centers often fill up, especially for an all-day exam like the patent bar).
If it's the final application, it likely means you're registered; you can verify your registration by searching for your name. The envelope probably contained a certificate of registration; if you want another certificate you will probably have to send them a fee under 37 CFR 1.21(a)(4) (LinkRemoved).

LA1001

New

Re: USPTO Registration Materials

Post by LA1001 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 pm

It was the first application to sign up for the test...

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE - I was worried about being able to sign up for the testing location. Will be calling them on Monday!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”