How much weight have you gained this month? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FantasticMrFox

Silver

Re: How much weight have you gained this month?

Post by FantasticMrFox » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm

endomorphs

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm

BriaTharen wrote:Let's trade legs for a while. You can beat mine up and then give them back. Yay! Toned legs!
I'll give you my oversized calfs along with my comically muscular thighs. You can keep both.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
dailygrind wrote: Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.
Fair enough. There are a lot of things I want in life that weren't on my priority list during finals. My physical and mental health, however, was not one of those things. It's more than worth it to me to continue using 3 hours of my week maintaining my health and happiness over finals; in fact, I'd bet my performance was better than it would have been had I spent that 3 hours a week beating my head against the books, but that's an unprovable point.
Some people really are genetically pwned though.
It's no secret that some people generally don't lose fat as easy as others. Still not an excuse. Weight loss is not rocket science, no matter how hard some people try to make it that way. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will make up the difference out of your fat reserves. Simple as that. If you're not losing fat, eat less or exercise more until you do start losing fat.
Fact is, most people could reverse their weight gain by making one or two simple dietary changes. Just one example: do you drink soda or beer, ever? Stop. Bam, you just carved a whole ton of empty calories out of your diet without having to do anything, AND you save money.
The bottom line is that if you're getting out of shape, and you don't want that, you have no excuse but your own laziness and lack of discipline. Stop trying to rationalize it. If you don't care about being in shape, fair enough, but the second you decide that you don't want to be, do something about it.
OK, asshole, you can get off the fucking soapbox now.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm

HeavenWood wrote:OK, asshole, you can get off the fucking soapbox now.
+1.

AZN MegaPoaster

New

Post by AZN MegaPoaster » Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 pm

fucking fatasses

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 pm

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:fucking fatasses
(skinny asian who can't even squat 150)

AZN MegaPoaster

New

Post by AZN MegaPoaster » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
AZN MegaPoaster wrote:fucking fatasses
(skinny asian who can't even squat 150)
(mad as fukk fatass)

NeighborGuy

Bronze

Post by NeighborGuy » Mon May 14, 2012 10:48 pm

HeavenWood wrote: OK, asshole, you can get off the fucking soapbox now.
I'm done. /soapbox
Proceed to have your thread back where you may all reinforce and validate each other, safe from my cruel advice.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
I'm done. /soapbox
Proceed to have your thread back where you may all reinforce and validate each other, safe from my cruel advice.
Lol. What a graceful, unpretentious exit that makes me think so much more of you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
I'm done. /soapbox
I'm a little skinny right now, but I did have weight problems in the past, and seriously, it was like one day someone flipped on a switch that kick-started my metabolism into overdrive--don't know why, don't know how. But back in the day, regardless of how much I exercised or ate right, it took a shit-ton of effort just to lose an ounce. Bottom line, don't tell people what is and is not easy to do.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 pm

NeighborGuy wrote:
dailygrind wrote: Thing is, I don't think it's worth making a priority during the 1 month leading up to finals.
Fair enough. There are a lot of things I want in life that weren't on my priority list during finals. My physical and mental health, however, was not one of those things. It's more than worth it to me to continue using 3 hours of my week maintaining my health and happiness over finals; in fact, I'd bet my performance was better than it would have been had I spent that 3 hours a week beating my head against the books, but that's an unprovable point.
It's no secret that some people generally don't lose fat as easy as others. Still not an excuse. Weight loss is not rocket science, no matter how hard some people try to make it that way. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will make up the difference out of your fat reserves. Simple as that. If you're not losing fat, eat less or exercise more until you do start losing fat.
Fact is, most people could reverse their weight gain by making one or two simple dietary changes. Just one example: do you drink soda or beer, ever? Stop. Bam, you just carved a whole ton of empty calories out of your diet without having to do anything, AND you save money.
The bottom line is that if you're getting out of shape, and you don't want that, you have no excuse but your own laziness and lack of discipline. Stop trying to rationalize it. If you don't care about being in shape, fair enough, but the second you decide that you don't want to be, do something about
dude you have to stop drinking beer to get ladiez to like you? Mebbe you should just be cooler, sounds a lot easier. HTH

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

NeighborGuy wrote:
The bottom line is that if you're getting out of shape, and you don't want that, you have no excuse but your own laziness and lack of discipline. Stop trying to rationalize it. If you don't care about being in shape, fair enough, but the second you decide that you don't want to be, do something about

but y do fat ppl make u mad bro?

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 am

do you drink soda or beer, ever? Stop
:shock: Stop drinking!?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”