Do you use IRAC in your exams? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thesteelers

Bronze

Re: Do you use IRAC in your exams?

Post by thesteelers » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:27 pm

So when I look back on my hideous Contracts exam, I'm starting to think that I didn't mention the R in IRAC. I can't remember things too well, but I'm like 80% sure that I didn't state the law properly. And I think my Ks professor is very particular about IRAC.

How screwed am I?

ben4847

Silver

Re: Do you use IRAC in your exams?

Post by ben4847 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

thesteelers wrote:So when I look back on my hideous Contracts exam, I'm starting to think that I didn't mention the R in IRAC. I can't remember things too well, but I'm like 80% sure that I didn't state the law properly. And I think my Ks professor is very particular about IRAC.

How screwed am I?
It is highly likely you are fine. It is impossible that you didn't state the rule, since you could not have possibly applied the law without referencing the rule at some point.
Ex. If you said, "there is adequate consideration even though Billy gave nothing to his uncle under the contract. This is because Billy relied on his uncle's promise and attended college, which was something Billy otherwise had the legal right to not do." You never stated that reliance is adequate consideration, but it is there.

Besides, how do you all know what your professors like, and how much they like it? I never had a professor tell me what style he liked an exam. The most I would be told is whether they liked seeing cases cited- but that was obvious anyway; in conlaw and civpro you cite cases, in other 1L courses you don't unless they are very memorable, like peevyhouse.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”