1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by ilovesf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Property is bringing back nightmares of last December.
Did you find the Con Law Q & A useful?
I'm answering Qs right now :) my test is Monday so I'm just gearing up for it. It's been good so far since my test is 2/3 MC.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 pm

is there a good source of practice multiple choice questions for con law?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Lasers wrote:is there a good source of practice multiple choice questions for con law?
I've got the lexis nexis Q&A book. Maybe the library has it and you can check it out? Otherwise it's also available in the bookstore.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:is there a good source of practice multiple choice questions for con law?
I've got the lexis nexis Q&A book. Maybe the library has it and you can check it out? Otherwise it's also available in the bookstore.
cool thanks. i'll probably try to check it out at the library later today. :)

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm interested in property practice exams and a source for multiple choice. I hope this hasn't already been covered. I'm having a lot of trouble finding ones that match our property course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm interested in property practice exams and a source for multiple choice. I hope this hasn't already been covered. I'm having a lot of trouble finding ones that match our property course.
Siegels, Q&A, CrunchTime, and Glannon Guide all have MC questions in them.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm

ilovesf wrote:
gdane wrote: I dont feel fantastic because while I did do a good analysis on the stuff I spotted, which after talking to others they spotted as well, I feel like there were really well hidden issues. We shall see when I get my grades back...
You mean talking to your friends didn't make you feel superior to all of them like last time?
gdane wrote:Man I loved talking about my exams! The second they were over I went around talking to everyone just to see what I spotted that other people didnt.

I did feel bad last semester though when I made my friend realize that he completely missed a gigantic issue. He was sad after that.
Relax. You act like I'm doing something wrong. I have pride. I want to know that I do well in the things I do. If I want to gauge my performance on an exam by talking to other people, there really is nothing wrong with that. I don't go around showing off or purposely making people feel bad. If after talking with me someone else realizes they messed up on an exam and feels bad, that's not something I intended to do. Whenever you discuss an exam you assume the risk of finding out you fucked up.

So don't try to make me into a bad guy. You seem to have a problem with me. Cool it sf. Please.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Ughhhhh I actually have no motivation and can't seem to get anything done. I keep telling myself I can cram all the studying I need into the two days I have between each exam. All I want to do is look up firms and dick around on the internet. This is the worst.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 pm

piccolittle wrote:Ughhhhh I actually have no motivation and can't seem to get anything done. I keep telling myself I can cram all the studying I need into the two days I have between each exam. All I want to do is look up firms and dick around on the internet. This is the worst.
You can help me spell my name in cursive a million times like I'm currently doing in my con law book in the library

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Guchster wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Ughhhhh I actually have no motivation and can't seem to get anything done. I keep telling myself I can cram all the studying I need into the two days I have between each exam. All I want to do is look up firms and dick around on the internet. This is the worst.
You can help me spell my name in cursive a million times like I'm currently doing in my con law book in the library
At least you remember how to operate an actual pen... thank god for laptop exams.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Guchster wrote:
:lol:

jess

Post by jess » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm

How I feel working on ConLaw all goddamn day...
--ImageRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:Could someone help me with this estates question?

Arthur owned blackacre. Arthur devised it by will as follows: "To my son, Roger, for life; remainder to my grandchildren when they reach 21." At the time Arthur died, he had two sons, Roger and Ted. Roger and his wife have two minor children who were alive at the time of Arthur's death.

Based upon the foregoing, following Arthur's death, blackacre is most likely held in which manner?
A. Life estate in Roger; contingent remainder in Arthur's grandchildren; reversion in Arthur's heirs
B. Liefe estate in Roger; vested remainder in Arthur's grandchildren; reversion in Arthur's heirs
C. Life estate in Roger; reversion in Arthur's heirs
D. Life estate in Roger; contingent remainder in Arthur's grandchildren
C. The 'remainder to my grandchildren' clause violates the classic RAP. Roger, who is the measuring life, may be outlived by his brother. His brother could then have a child after Roger's death. That child would mature more than 21 years after the end of the measuring life. So the entire clause must be struck, which means that Roger gets a life estate, after which the property will revert to A's heirs.
So brother doesn't have to die before the perpituities period begins? Is that because this was a will? We've been doing these questions as killing all the lives in being at once.
I don't know what you mean by this. The only measuring life mentioned in the bequest is R.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 pm

crossarmant wrote:So, with Nat'l League of Cities v. Usery and subsequently Garcia v. San Antonio Metro, we have the court saying that initially that the federal government must respect the sovereign nature of the state govts and cannot interfere with how they regulate, but then Garcia says, no that the Congress is essentially a federal branch and do not fully represent state sovereignty so judicial review of state regulations is allowed. And then Printz/NY v. US go on to essentially say that Feds cannot force states to comply with federal programs that infringe with state sovereignty (like setting a 21 yo drinking age) but can incentivise them with federal funding and that they cannot use state officials to enforce federal functions...

Do I have this right? Guch, you seem to have this stuff down.
Don't think the bolded is right. Usery introduced the "traditional areas of state regulation" test to invalidate federal legislation as violating the 10th Amdt. Garcia overturned Usery, essentially holding that the Court would not utilize the 10th Amdt to police federalism. This was the state of doctrine until New York v. United State, where the court held that Congress can't mandate that a state legislature to pass a law via federal statute; Printz was similar in that Congress can't mandate state executives to enforce a federal statute. NY and Printz, read together, can be thought of as holding that the 10th Amdt prohibits Congressional 'commandeering' of state legislatures and executives.

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:05 pm

crossarmant wrote:How I feel working on ConLaw all goddamn day...
--ImageRemoved--
Lol! Seconded.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 am

any legislation regulation help??? ugh he did not teach at all

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:09 am

At my coffeeshop at 9 am on a Saturday working hard. Stopped to order a breakfast sandwich. Bill comes to $6.66. Cashier snickers.

Maybe this means I'm going to do devilishly well on my exam today? :D

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:18 am

What is the best Office 2010 program to use to make flowcharts? I used to use visio but I don't have that, did microsoft get rid of it?

thanks

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:30 am

thegrayman wrote:What is the best Office 2010 program to use to make flowcharts? I used to use visio but I don't have that, did microsoft get rid of it?

thanks
Dunno about office...I used to use gliffy at work.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
thegrayman wrote:What is the best Office 2010 program to use to make flowcharts? I used to use visio but I don't have that, did microsoft get rid of it?

thanks
Nice, I checked it out, looks pretty legit! Good luck knocking out your exam :)

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 am

thegrayman wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:

thanks
Nice, I checked it out, looks pretty legit! Good luck knocking out your exam :)
thanks! there's a certain beauty to self-scheduling.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:22 pm

So, I've been feeling stressed and like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in ConLaw. Then I look through all the Q&As between my professor and the other students on the discussion board... Okay, I think I understand this a lot better than most of my class at least; may the curve be with me.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Missing my high school BFF's wedding today because of exams. Makes me hate property even more :evil:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”