1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 pm

alicrimson wrote:Just completed 7 hours of briefing. This nonsense will be out of my life soon enough. I would also like to sing the praises of Freer for Civ Pro. I haven't purchased Acing Civ Pro, but am considering it despite my collection of Glannon civ pro supplements. Tomorrow will entail summer job absurdity but I'm hoping to get a bit of time to study/slay the brief dragon.
SUCH bullshit. Especially when I haven't even started to review for Property. Only thing keeping my sanity with that class is the fact there is 7 days between that class (my last one) and my CivPro final.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Just completed 7 hours of briefing. This nonsense will be out of my life soon enough. I would also like to sing the praises of Freer for Civ Pro. I haven't purchased Acing Civ Pro, but am considering it despite my collection of Glannon civ pro supplements. Tomorrow will entail summer job absurdity but I'm hoping to get a bit of time to study/slay the brief dragon.
SUCH bullshit. Especially when I haven't even started to review for Property. Only thing keeping my sanity with that class is the fact there is 7 days between that class (my last one) and my CivPro final.
I would go with that, except I'm not terribly sure what's actually going on in my classes which is terribly disconcerting. Also, the two take home tests are seriously cramping my practice exam strategy. Truthfully, I'm going to be looking at an outline/doing CALI whenever I'm supposed to be following along/taking notes on my laptop.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Don't know if this has been posted in here, but this site is oddly enough helping me piece together a lot of Crim. Not exactly in-depth, but it's a nice review.

http://thecriminallawyer.tumblr.com/

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 pm

alicrimson wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
I would go with that, except I'm not terribly sure what's actually going on in my classes which is terribly disconcerting. Also, the two take home tests are seriously cramping my practice exam strategy. Truthfully, I'm going to be looking at an outline/doing CALI whenever I'm supposed to be following along/taking notes on my laptop.
I've abandoned ship on my classes. I REALLY hope to have my outlines done by Sunday night so I can get two weeks of practice exams in (definitely taking that page out of your book). Really happy the exams are open book, so I don't have to spend a ton of hours doing rote memorization.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

crossarmant wrote:
drmguy wrote:Conlaw

The rest
Indeed.

Descending difficulty
1. ConLaw
2. CivPro
3. Crim
4. Contracts
5. Property
6. Torts
totally credited

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

What's my motivation here?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 pm

TTTLS wrote:What's my motivation here?
JOBLESS FAILURE

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm

ilovesf wrote:
TTTLS wrote:What's my motivation here?
JOBLESS FAILURE
AH

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Doing my civpro outline really emphasizes how worthless at least 50% of the reading has been. :|

At least it's comforting being able to confidently consolidate the shit out of my notes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 pm

JenDarby wrote:Doing my civpro outline really emphasizes how worthless at least 50% of the reading has been. :|

At least it's comforting being able to confidently consolidate the shit out of my notes.
100x this. Hope to be done putting together my checklist by the end of today, start incorporating relevant cases into my outline tomorrow and finish my brief. Then STARTING property :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 pm

has anyone found any good contracts flow charts? I have a completely open book test so I can bring in whatever I want. I'm thinking a good flow chart would be really helpful.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Really want to go out tonight. Really need to study. LIFE IS HARD, DAMNIT.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 am

Entering lockdown mode on Sunday. 16 days till first final. Summer Break in 27 days.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 am

It's super late, and yet I cannot stop myself from wading through a sub-issue wasteland via Westlaw. Oh god why.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 am

Property and ConLaw outlines are happening today. Hello seclusion.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:37 am

Barbri Civ Proing it up + brief completion (its astounding how lackluster my brief is compared to the crazy amounts of time put into it.) + civ pro outline review + civ pro practice test. Ready, keep going. Good luck, guys! We are almost there.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:53 am

alicrimson wrote:Barbri Civ Proing it up + brief completion (its astounding how lackluster my brief is compared to the crazy amounts of time put into it.) + civ pro outline review + civ pro practice test. Ready, keep going. Good luck, guys! We are almost there.
Identical to my schedule lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 pm

ilovesf wrote:has anyone found any good contracts flow charts? I have a completely open book test so I can bring in whatever I want. I'm thinking a good flow chart would be really helpful.
Dammit. There was one book I checked out of the library that had some great flowcharts and I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I copied and improved them by hand last semester too... I really wish I could remember the name now!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:00 pm

staying at home to study because i'm alone with my dog this weekend. i predict i will get nothing done all weekend.

Sum41rockin

New

Post by Sum41rockin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Most everything in this thread is completely worthless. Be interested in the material, outline from day one, study a little bit , never stay up past 11pm, try not to study on the weekends and basically try do things NOT associated with law school as much as possible.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Sum41rockin wrote:Most everything in this thread is completely worthless. Be interested in the material, outline from day one, study a little bit , never stay up past 11pm, try not to study on the weekends and basically try do things NOT associated with law school as much as possible.
--ImageRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Sum41rockin wrote:Most everything in this thread is completely worthless. Be interested in the material, outline from day one, study a little bit , never stay up past 11pm, try not to study on the weekends and basically try do things NOT associated with law school as much as possible.
sweet first post

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Sum41rockin wrote:never stay up past 11pm and basically try do things NOT associated with law school as much as possible.
que?

Edit: also lolsum41

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Sum41rockin wrote:never stay up past 11pm and basically try do things NOT associated with law school as much as possible.
que?

Edit: also lolsum41
rockin'

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”