you think you're a gunner? well meet this lady

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Emma.

Re: you think you're a gunner? well meet this lady

Postby Emma. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:45 pm

goldschlager wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2011/07/outstanding-bar-performance-pregnant-woman-takes-bar-exam-while-in-labor-delivers-baby-right-after/

I don't think you understand what a gunner is.

PurplePirate

Postby PurplePirate » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Emma. wrote:
goldschlager wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2011/07/outstanding-bar-performance-pregnant-woman-takes-bar-exam-while-in-labor-delivers-baby-right-after/

You beat me to it.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm

On the other hand, if her water had broken while staying after class with a professor to discuss a useless hypo about a case that wasn't even assigned, and then had to limp on her her roller bag to help her get to the hospital afterward, I'd be pretty impressed.

gilagarta

Postby gilagarta » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

You guys don't think this woman is a gunner? What do you call someone who knows she will likely go into labor during the bar exam, yet takes it anyway? I think most non-insane women in her situation would have waited until the next session to sit for the bar.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 pm

gilagarta wrote:You guys don't think this woman is a gunner? What do you call someone who knows she will likely go into labor during the bar exam, yet takes it anyway? I think most non-insane women in her situation would have waited until the next session to sit for the bar.

The baby might have come early, and she was into day two of testing when her labor broke IIRC. But yeah, I would have probably waddled myself to the hospital at the first major contraction, because I am a wimp and would want that epidural STAT.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 pm

I think her whole body of work points to her being a pretty hard core gunner. Pretty impressive woman, though.

uci2013

Postby uci2013 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

emciosn wrote:I think her whole body of work points to her being a pretty hard core gunner. Pretty impressive woman, though.

I don't think kick ass and gunner are the same thing. Since when is being successful and accomplished a bad thing? I think gunner implies a certain amount of douche-ness, but maybe I am wrong.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Emma. wrote:

As usual, I <3 you hard

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:50 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Emma. wrote:

As usual, I <3 you hard

<3 <3 <3

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:36 pm

gilagarta wrote:You guys don't think this woman is a gunner? What do you call someone who knows she will likely go into labor during the bar exam, yet takes it anyway? I think most non-insane women in her situation would have waited until the next session to sit for the bar.

Simple: a bad ass motherfucker

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Do you have any idea how terrible it would be to try to prep for the bar, while doing a clerkship, with a newborn?

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm

I don't think you understand how one feels by the time they get to their last day of the bar exam. I don't think you could have forced me out the door for any reason before I filled in that last bubble. Bar prep is hell. And the idea of willingly prepping for it again and taking it in Feb is much more insane to me than finishing the exam after labor began.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”