Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
crossingforHYS

Silver

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Last edited by crossingforHYS on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
fatduck wrote: i guess you're new here, but dailygrind is a dude.
I knew that from the fitness thread. Just a sucker for southern beauties. You can only deal with so much hipster shit in NYC.
That southern beauty will put on 75 pounds between 25 and 30.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 pm

rayiner wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
fatduck wrote: i guess you're new here, but dailygrind is a dude.
I knew that from the fitness thread. Just a sucker for southern beauties. You can only deal with so much hipster shit in NYC.
That southern beauty will put on 75 pounds between 25 and 30.
That is the issue isn't it. That is one good reason to go for hippy / hispster / leb-fem women is that they are more likely to not get fat.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
naterj wrote:Museums, operas and ballets? This bitch must think she's Kate Middleton.

<3
Mrs. Middletonis not the only one that gets this....I have been in a relationship for about 6 years now and I still go to museums, operas and ballets and he wont let me pay even when we fight I throw my card etc.

The guys are out there...obv. not on law school discussion forums.
Yeah apparently the guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
Last edited by IAFG on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm

IAFG wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
naterj wrote:Museums, operas and ballets? This bitch must think she's Kate Middleton.

<3
Mrs. Middletonis not the only one that gets this....I have been in a relationship for about 6 years now and I still go to museums, operas and ballets and he wont let me pay even when we fight I throw my card etc.

Yeah apparently the guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches... fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
exactly :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

IAFG wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

<3

Yeah apparentlythe straight guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

IAFG wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

<3

Yeah apparently the guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
relevant

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:27 pm

AreJay711 wrote: Yeah apparentlythe straight guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
so you're saying crossing and i are dating closet cases? or you just can't imagine there are men who act like men once they leave UG?

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 pm

IAFG wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Important takeaway here folks: come to UVA, a college town, where the supply of otherwise prestigious men is lower, and the cost of entertainment is less likely to break the bank.
I think is is a fair takeaway. In Chicago, there's a better supply of non-students to date.

The guys I know who tried to date UGs in Chicago just did miserably, too. First, they're older and fatter than UG guys. Second, they don't have the sort of free time UG guys do. If you are also surviving on a shoestring budget, I don't know why a UG girl would pick you over a UG guy. Because you have a 60% chance of making 6 figures?
I'm not sure what universe you live in, but it doesn't sound anything like the one I live in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:32 pm

IAFG wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

<3

Not at all....PS3

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
IAFG wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Important takeaway here folks: come to UVA, a college town, where the supply of otherwise prestigious men is lower, and the cost of entertainment is less likely to break the bank.
I think is is a fair takeaway. In Chicago, there's a better supply of non-students to date.

The guys I know who tried to date UGs in Chicago just did miserably, too. First, they're older and fatter than UG guys. Second, they don't have the sort of free time UG guys do. If you are also surviving on a shoestring budget, I don't know why a UG girl would pick you over a UG guy. Because you have a 60% chance of making 6 figures?
I'm not sure what universe you live in, but it doesn't sound anything like the one I live in.
I live in Chicago surrounded by mid-to-late-20s law students. Elaborate?

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Some LS students choose to date LS students that live halfway across the country. This works very well, particularly if the girl winds up pregnant.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:50 pm

It just sounds like what you think it takes to date an attractive, intelligent woman is fairly narrow. I am sure you're looking for a guy to spend a lot of money on you and so you look for men who have the ability to do that. That's fine, but many of your peers don't behave this way.

There's also the stereotypical desire for older men that many young women have. It seems to me that this often gives older guys (who might not be in quite as good shape, although I'd also challenge that assumption) the advantage when being compared by women to men their own age. These are, of course, generalizations, which goes to my underlying point: most women want to be with a funny, reasonably attractive man who listens to them and makes them feel comfortable while not being a pushover or too needy/aggressive. Given these guidelines, there's no real right or wrong amount of money to spend on a date (or a right or wrong type of date to go on) assuming you show some of these traits. And generally, when the opposite is argued it comes off rather poorly to those of us who don't really think about money and dating as related.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:53 pm

dresden doll wrote:Some LS students choose to date LS students that live halfway across the country. This works very well, particularly if the girl winds up pregnant.
I lol'd :lol: :lol:

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:It just sounds like what you think it takes to date an attractive, intelligent woman is fairly narrow. I am sure you're looking for a guy to spend a lot of money on you and so you look for men who have the ability to do that. That's fine, but many of your peers don't behave this way.

There's also the stereotypical desire for older men that many young women have. It seems to me that this often gives older guys (who might not be in quite as good shape, although I'd also challenge that assumption) the advantage when being compared by women to men their own age. These are, of course, generalizations, which goes to my underlying point: most women want to be with a funny, reasonably attractive man who listens to them and makes them feel comfortable while not being a pushover or too needy/aggressive. Given these guidelines, there's no real right or wrong amount of money to spend on a date (or a right or wrong type of date to go on) assuming you show some of these traits. And generally, when the opposite is argued it comes off rather poorly to those of us who don't really think about money and dating as related.
My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 pm

IAFG wrote: My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.
I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 pm

If you don't want to do the whole "spoiling" the girl thing, you can go dutch or switch off each time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them.
"Hey, I go to law school" isn't a pantydropper? Then why the fuck am I going to law school?

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 pm

bk187 wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them.
"Hey, I go to law school" isn't a pantydropper? Then why the fuck am I going to law school?
It's the 1% chance you'll be able to say "Hey, I'm a partner at a V50. Look at my stacks of Benjamins." that will get those panties to drop.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote: My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.
I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm just kind of relieved people are actually dating in LS. I always pictured those three years as very sad and lonely and spent mostly in the library.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

naterj wrote:I'm just kind of relieved people are actually dating in LS. I always pictured those three years as very sad and lonely and spent mostly in the library.
Oh all the things that are going to prevent you from getting dates, being in law school is the least of your worries.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:

I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:

But if we're talking about law students ITT, then the looks, personalities, etc, of law students are relevant.

You don't need to drop a lot of money on a date if you're a big funny hot midwestern due like bjs over there. If you're a typical law student: short, jewey, and nerdy, then yeah...

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?
Ehhh I guess I just get annoyed with optimistic speculation, especially when it's inconsistent with my experience.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”