On the LR Grade-On Bubble

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
non sequitur

On the LR Grade-On Bubble

Postby non sequitur » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:53 pm

I found out recently that I am right on the cut-off (the wrong side) for the Law Review grade-on slots. You may have no idea how sick that makes me, though no one has been officially chosen yet.

Does anybody on TLS know if ANYONE ever declines to be on LR (who would have otherwise graded on), in favor of a secondary journal, or perhaps they just want more time? I don't know what would possess anyone to do such a thing, but I would like any sort of reassurance of a slight possibility in a time of great crisis/desperation. Does X number of grade on slots mean schools will reach down into the ranks until they have X number of people who graded onto LR? Or am I at the /self stage?

Re: On the LR Grade-On Bubble

Postby NarwhalPunter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 pm

There will almost certainly be people who grade on but transfer, and many schools will extend surplus invitations in anticipation of this (i.e. 22 grade on invites for 20 spots). However, I'm sure this is something that varies school to school.

If you have any friends who were on this year's staff, just ask them what the deal is.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”