LRW Grade Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
raptor22

LRW Grade Question

Postby raptor22 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:05 am

Hello, I stumbled upon this very helpful website recently. I have a question for all 2L/3L, especially those who transferred.
Currently I am a 1L. How important is the LRW grade to employers/transfer schools?
I focused very heavily on my core/substantive courses this semester and I slacked off on some of my written assignments (I know, I know writing is one of the most important skills to a lawyer) which resulted in an outlier grade this semester. It's also worth less than half the credit of a normal course at my school. Am I severely screwed in the transfer process/1L summer employment? Thank you!

XxSpyKEx

Re: LRW Grade Question

Postby XxSpyKEx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:24 am

There's really no way to say. Law schools don"t give you a breakdown of specific factors that they thought were or weren't important when they give you an acceptance or rejection letter.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:26 pm

FWIW, anecdotal evidence here at Harvard is that honors in LRW is viewed in the same light as in other classes.

However, this is still all just conjecture, just as Spyke said.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 am

I got the highest grade in LRW in my entire school, receiving numerous awards and distinctions.....my rank drop almost got me no acceptances. However, I went to a very low ranked school my 1L year.

nealric

Postby nealric » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 pm

LRW was my worst grade of law school. I don't think it hurt me much in recruiting.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”